1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 27, 2014 2:30 PM by A.T. Romano

how to link premiere elements 4 to photoshop elements12 organizer?

adobbelo

I am using Windows7 , and Photoshop elements 12 but Premiere  Elements 4 can't see Photoshop elements 12 catalog. Could not locate the catalog path name either.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: how to link premiere elements 4 to photoshop elements12 organizer?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

adobbelo

Here is my take on your "how to link Premiere Elements 4 to Photoshop Elements 12 Organizer"?

1. We need to start with the concept of Photoshop Elements Premiere Elements integrated set...Photoshop Elements 12/Premiere Elements 12 and

Photoshop Elements 6 and Premiere Elements 4.

and

2. The concept that Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements are standalone programs, each coming with an Elements Organizer. When Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements are of the same version and installed on the same computer, they share the same Elements Organizer for that Elements integrated set version.

For now I will assume that you have Photoshop Elements 6 and Premiere Elements 4 installed on your Window 7 64 bit computer along with Elements Organizer 12. It is Photoshop Elements 6 where you can create the catalog; you cannot in Premiere Elements 4 which uses the same catalog that is

used in Photoshop Elements 6. Do you know the name of the catalog that is being used in Photoshop Elements 6?

If you do, you convert the Elements Organizer 6 catalog in Elements Organizer 12 catalog.

But, be advised, when you do that, the Elements Organizer 6 catalog remains as is for Photoshop Elements 6 Premiere Elements 4 and

the converted Elements Organizer 6 is used in 12 without reference back to the Elements Organizer 6.

Is that what you want? If so, I can tell you how to do that conversion. But, I see no way that you are going to get Elements Organizer 6

interface to recognize Elements Organizer 12 and vice versa.

For general information about the location of a category for a given version, in Elements Organizer workspace, go to Help Menu/System Info.

Also, catalogs might be expected to be found

Local Disk C

Adobe

Elements Organizer

Catalogs

even the one that you created in Elements Organizer 6.

Please review and consider.

ATR