3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2014 10:12 AM by A.T. Romano

Newly installed Premiere 13 does not start.

teratot

Install went fine, and have Adobe Premiere Elements 13 icon on desktop.  After clicking it, asks for me to sign into Adobe ID, which goes fine.  Then asks me to accept Software License Agreement, which I do.  That window goes away and I'm back looking at the desktop...Premiere 13 never starts at all.  Have repeated this sequence one too many times.  Somewhere along the line I've also entered the 24 digit validation code.

Photoshop (purchased in the bundle) works fine. 

What am I missing, or who can I call?   Many thanks.

• 1. Re: Newly installed Premiere 13 does not start.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

teratot

On what computer operating system are you running Premiere Elements 13?

a. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

b. Are you using a pen and tablet device rather than a mouse?

c. What type of purchase did you make - Student and Teacher or regular version? I ask since you mention validation code

and not serial number.

d. Is Premiere Elements 13 set to run from a User Account with Administrative privileges and with QuickTime latest version

installed on that computer?

Please review and then we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Newly installed Premiere 13 does not start.
            teratot Level 1

Dear ATR,

Thank you for the reply.  Out of your questions the only one needing attention was to see if I had latest QuickTime.  I didn't, so got it loaded.  Upon reloading this laptop running Win 8, it required 37 updates.  The whole problem started when Windows decided it needed to "refresh" and my previous versions of PS and Premiere 12 were removed.  All said and done, my new Premiere 13 (regular version) is up and running.  Many thanks,

Dave

• 3. Re: Newly installed Premiere 13 does not start.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

teratot

Magnificent news "my new Premiere 13 (regular version) is up and running". Great job. Thanks for exploring the troubleshooting suggestions.

As you move forward in your projects, please do not hesitate to ask if you have questions or need clarification.

Best wishes for the new year and always.

ATR