1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 28, 2014 5:55 PM by A.T. Romano

Best project & export settings for GoPro 1080p 30fps - YouTube

MONKY LONDON

Hi all,

Just made a new video for YouTube and it's come out a little grainy, no where near as good as the original. I know YouTube compresses footage but looking at other users with the same equipment my video quality is sub par, I seem to be editing them incorrectly causing quality loss. Footage has lot's of motion:

★ HD YAMAHA RAPTOR 700 TRAIL RIDING, OFFROAD & SUSPENSION SETTINGS! QUAD BIKE ATV ★ed - YouTube

My other videos don't seem as bad, not perfect, but maybe as this one had less light and lot's of bumps/motion it's finally come to light that something is not right.

For example look at this video, same equipment etc, similar conditions, but quality is much higher:

[HD] Raptor 700 GOPRO HERO 3 BLACK HD 1080p 2014 Raptor 700 x2 Riding in NYC - YouTube

Quite a big difference right?

I didn't realise there were project settings lol, I checked and it's set at 25FPS but my footage is 30FPS, would this cause issues? Export wise I did

I need help with project settings and export settings, can someone tell me what information you need from me to ascertain this?

Many thanks,

Toby

• 1. Re: Best project & export settings for GoPro 1080p 30fps - YouTube
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Toby

If you have source media = GoPro 1080p30, then your project preset should be

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p30@29.97 or DSLR 1080p30 if the camera specification says 30 instead of 29.97 frames per second.

Either you set it manually or you make sure that the project is setting it automatically correctly.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Accuracy of Automatic Project Preset (New Project Dialog) Setting

When you go to export that to YouTube from within the Premiere Elements YouTube feature, you use the

preset = High Definition Video for Youtube - 1920 x 1080.

If you exceed the file size/duration limit of the YouTube feature within Premiere Elements, then you export the

Timeline to a file saved to the computer hard drive. Next you upload that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site.

YouTube extended time accounts do not work in the YouTube feature within the program. The suggested file for

this route would be

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = MP4 - H.264 1920 x 1080p30.

Please review and consider. If any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR