8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2015 7:57 AM by A.T. Romano

won't open

Wopev

I downloaded Premiere elements Trialversion.

When I click on the icon it won't open.

I removed the program and downloaded it again, but still with the same result.

What should I do?

Gr. Wopev

• 1. Re: won't open
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

NOTE - McAfee kills the program http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1460089?tstart=0
          From the Premiere Elements Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180
          •You MUST use an account with Administrator Privileges to run Premiere Elements
          •(Doing Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 [says Encore and also for "All" versions of Premiere] will sometimes fix "odd" errors)
          •What version of Premiere Elements? Include the minor version number (e.g., Premiere Elements 12 with the 12.1 update)
          •What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.9.4"---not just "Mac"
          •Has this ever worked before?  If so, do you recall any changes you made to Premiere Elements, such as adding Plug-ins, brushes, etc.?  Did you make any changes to your system, such as updating hardware, printers or drivers; or installing/uninstalling any programs?
          •Have you installed any recent program or OS updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)
          •What kind(s) of image file(s)? When talking about camera raw files, include the model of camera.
          •If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?
          •What were you doing when the problem occurred?
          •What other software are you running?
          •Tell us about your computer hardware. How much RAM is installed?  How much free space is on your system (C:) drive?
          •How many and what speed are your hard drive(s)... ie 5400rpm or 7200rpm or?
          And some other questions...
          •What are you editing, and does your video have an orange line over it BEFORE you do any work?
          •Which version of Quicktime do you have installed?

•What is your exact brand/model graphics adapter (ATI or nVidia or ???)
          •What is your exact graphics adapter driver version?
          •Have you gone to the vendor web site to check for a newer driver?
          •For Windows, do NOT rely on Windows Update to have current driver information
          •-you need to go direct to the vendor web site and check updates for yourself
          •ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool
          •nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

• 2. Re: won't open
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Wopev

Where is the download coming from? Can we assume you are trying to download the tryout of Premiere Elements 13 from Adobe.

Major point - what computer operating system is involved? Premiere Elements 13 no longer supports Windows XP, Windows Vista, of Mac OSX 10.7.

I have found that you can download Premiere Elements 13 to Windows XP, but you cannot install it on Windows XP.

If the above is not a factor, then you could consider downloading and installing the Premiere Elements 13 tryout from the following web site

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-13-direct-download-links-premiere.html

Key to remember here is that you have to read and carry out carefully that web site's "Note: Very Important Instructions" to avoid an Access Denied message.

But, the fact remain

Premiere Elements 13 no longer supports Windows XP, Windows Vista, of Mac OSX 10.7.

We will be watching for your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: won't open
              Wopev Level 1

The download comes from adobe.com

My computer system should be OK. W7

I will try to download your advised website.

Gr. Wopev.

• 4. Re: won't open
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Wopev

Thanks for the reply. We will be watching for your results for the download of the tryout from the alternative site.

Some considerations...

a. Do the download and install with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

b. Do not use a pen and tablet device instead of mouse.

c. Make sure that your computer user account is one with Administrative Privileges.

d. Somewhere along the line you are going to need to have the latest version of QuickTime installed on this computer with Premiere Elements.

e. Please browse through the published System Requirement - just in case -

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements/tech-specs.html

ATR

• 5. Re: won't open
                  Wopev Level 1
                  • 6. Re: won't open
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Wopev

Your last post January 1, 2015 was a post without any message included.

I did not see that blank post until today when I was clearing out my Adobe email notifications.

When your schedule permits, could you try to send your message again, updating us

on your progress to get the Premiere Elements 13 tryout to work for you using the download of installation files

from the alternative web site mentioned.

Looking forward to learning of your progress.

Best wishes

ATR

• 7. Re: won't open
                      Wopev Level 1
                      • 8. Re: won't open
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Wopev

Thank for the reply, but again another blank message.

If you are posting from an email notification, perhaps try accessing the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum using your computer browser, signing in with your Adobe ID and Password, and coming to this thread to post your reply.

However you posted OK in post 3 of this thread. So whatever you did there, please try to repeat that.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

ATR