1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 28, 2014 5:26 PM by JamesLassen

"Project could not be loaded, it may be damaged or contain outdated elements" (CS5.5)

JamesLassen

Hi!

Yes I'm obviously really kicking myself for not having backed up this project I've spent 100's of hours on (even though I'd been fastidious about backing up all the sequences within the project after changes were made and having multiple copies of all the actual media files)...  somehow it just did not occur to me that the basic project file itself was vulnerable in this way. wow.......

I was actually on my last evening of editing, working on it since summer.

Anyway I've checked the auto-save files (corrupted) and tried everything else suggested in countless threads on this topic around the internet and come to the conclusion that the file IS damaged. I've downloaded XML Wrench to try to fix it (I don't have a Mac to do the Digital Rebellion thing) but not knowing anything of XML, it hasn't worked out so far. So is there anyone who might be able to point me in the right direction for getting the file repaired by a third party? I was not able to find a service who might offer such a thing but maybe somebody knows someone?

Thank you for any help!!!

• 1. Re: "Project could not be loaded, it may be damaged or contain outdated elements" (CS5.5)
          Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi James,

Have you tried creating a new project and then importing items from your corrupted project?

JamesLassen wrote:

somehow it just did not occur to me that the basic project file itself was vulnerable in this way. wow.......

I always taught my students to back up project files to three places (on the HD, on removable media, in the cloud) on a daily basis. You may want to fall into this habit as it has always saved me from losing work. I'm sorry that you weren't aware that project files should be protected with back ups as they can can become corrupt, as you have seen.

Good luck,

Kevin