13 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2014 11:06 PM by PeggyJS61

words on drop down menus have disappeared

PeggyJS61 Level 1

I have Windows 7 Home Edition and Photoshop CC and CS6

When I select certain menus in Photoshop CC, they are blank. This time it's File, Image, Select and Window.

When I select certain menus in Photoshop CS6, only the "File" menu is blank.

Last time, it was different menus.

Please advise.

• 1. Re: words on drop down menus have disappeared
          Level 5

Details, please.

BOILERPLATE TEXT:

Note that this is boilerplate text.

If you give complete and detailed information about your setup and the issue at hand,

such as your platform (Mac or Win),

exact versions of your OS, of Photoshop (not just "CS6", but something like CS6v.13.0.6) and of Bridge,

your settings in Photoshop > Preference > Performance

the type of file you were working on,

machine specs, such as total installed RAM, scratch file HDs, total available HD space, video card specs, including total VRAM installed,

what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far,

what error message(s) you receive,

if having issues opening raw files also the exact camera make and model that generated them,

if you're having printing issues, indicate the exact make and model of your printer, paper size, image dimensions in pixels (so many pixels wide by so many pixels high). if going through a RIP, specify that too.

etc.,

someone may be able to help you (not necessarily this poster, who is not a Windows user).

a screen shot of your settings or of the image could be very helpful too.

Please read this FAQ for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0

Thanks!

• 2. Re: words on drop down menus have disappeared
            PeggyJS61 Level 1

BOILERPLATE TEXT

If you give complete and detailed information about your setup and the issue at hand,

such as your platform (Mac or Win),

As stated in the first line of my initial text, I have Windows 7 Home Edition.

exact versions of your OS, of Photoshop (not just "CS6", but something like CS6v.13.0.6) and of Bridge,

I'm not having an issue with Bridge, so that info has not been included.Since it's Photoshop CC and is rented monthly, I can only assume it's the most recent version available, and since the Help menu options have disappeared, I can't access this information.

Since I posted a few minutes ago, the menus that have disappeared has changed. It is now

File, Image, Select, Filter, Window & Help.

your settings in Photoshop > Preference > Performance

Available RAM: 7108 MB

Let Photoshop use: 4976 MB (70%)

Graphics Processor Settings

NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 PCIe/SSE2

Cache Tile Size: 1024K

the type of file you were working on,

Can't open a file, since the "File" menu selections have disappeared.

machine specs, such as total installed RAM, scratch file HDs, total available HD space, video card specs, including total VRAM installed,

Processor: Intel Core i5-4440 CPU 3.10Ghz

Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB

64-bit Operating System

Video Card Specs included under setting question above.

what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far,

I contacted support...

what error message(s) you receive,

No error messages

if having issues opening raw files also the exact camera make and model that generated them,

Not working on files since "File" menu options have disappeared and I can't open anything.

if you're having printing issues, indicate the exact make and model of your printer, paper size, image dimensions in pixels (so many pixels wide by so many pixels high). if going through a RIP, specify that too.etc.,

It isn't a printing issue, it's a Photoshop interface issue.

someone may be able to help you (not necessarily this poster, who is not a Windows user).

a screen shot of your settings or of the image could be very helpful too.

This information has been included above.

Since I started answering these questions, the menus changed again. The new selection is:

Image, Select, Filter, Window, Help (File menu came back)

• 3. Re: words on drop down menus have disappeared
              Level 5

You don't really understand what Boiler plate means, do you?  It means that not all of it may or will apply to you. 

• 4. Re: words on drop down menus have disappeared
                PeggyJS61 Level 1

I'm seeking assistance on getting the Photoshop issue resolved.

I did not sign in to the forum to learn about "boiler plates".

Please leave the topic to someone who can help with the issue

by using my information in whatever capacity necessary.

• 5. Re: words on drop down menus have disappeared
                  c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

Since it's Photoshop CC and is rented monthly, I can only assume it's the most recent version available

What makes you think that?

Is Photoshop > About Photoshop also blanked out?

• 6. Re: words on drop down menus have disappeared
                    PeggyJS61 Level 1

Yes, it is.

On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 2:57 AM, c.pfaffenbichler <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 7. Re: words on drop down menus have disappeared
                      Level 5

PeggyJS61 wrote:

I'm seeking assistance on getting the Photoshop issue resolved.

I did not sign in to the forum to learn about "boiler plates".

Please leave the topic to someone who can help with the issue

by using my information in whatever capacity necessary.

Just a clarification:

BOILERPLATE TEXT extracted from the FAQ:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/375816?tstart=0

Do not be abusive or aggressive in your tone

An aggressive, demanding, accusatory or abusive sounding post will often evoke an aggressive or abusive and unhelpful reply.

Remember, you are not addressing Adobe here in the user forums.  You are requesting help from volunteers users just like you who give their time free of charge. No one has any obligation to answer your questions.

As always in the forums, if you don't like any given question, you're entitled to your money back: $0.00

• 8. Re: words on drop down menus have disappeared
                        PeggyJS61 Level 1

2014-12-29_030942.png

This is a screen shot of what I see. If you have an answer, (and can stay on topic) it would be greatly appreciated.

• 9. Re: words on drop down menus have disappeared
                          PeggyJS61 Level 1

If you don't want to or can't help, simply stop responding and leave the

question to someone who has

the knowledge to help. K?

On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 3:01 AM, station_two <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 10. Re: words on drop down menus have disappeared
                            c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

• 11. Re: words on drop down menus have disappeared
                              Level 5

If you want to lecture someone, go yell at some brat younger than yourself, not a septuagenarian who has been helping out for free in these forums for over a decade.

You need you learn some manners, ungrateful young lady.

• 12. Re: words on drop down menus have disappeared
                                Level 5

Your screen shot shows a problem with your video card, its driver or its built in VRAM.

• 13. Re: words on drop down menus have disappeared
                                  PeggyJS61 Level 1

This conversation is over.

• 15. Re: words on drop down menus have disappeared
                                    PeggyJS61 Level 1

Adobe Photoshop technician performed a remote access into my computer and discovered that it was a corrupt file within the program called "sniffer". He removed that file, and now all the menus appeared as they should.