5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2014 12:04 AM by Mr_T

preview vs. timeline

Mr_T Level 1

When I use preview mode video is showed ok. If I moved it into timeline and pressed play video, the video is showed in strange colours, bugs. etc. Another videos in project are showed right. The project is in full hd format and the videos have also the same format.

• 1. Re: preview vs. timeline
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Which version of the program are you using?

If you look under the Edit menu, what Project Properties are listed?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from?

Have you manually gone to the nVidia or ATI web sites and ensured you have the latest driver for your video card? Have you ensured you have the latest version of Quicktime, per the program's requirement?

• 2. Re: preview vs. timeline
            A.T. Romano Level 7

mr_t

After replying to prior questions, I have some questions also, not already pointed to.

1. From what you wrote, it sounds  to me like only one video file on the Timeline is affected, and no other video files on that Timeline are affected even if those other files have the same format as the problem file. Is that correct? If so, that would seem to take the video card/graphics card out of the troubleshooting equation.

2. Knowing the version of Premiere Elements and on what operating system it is running are important. For now, I will assume Premiere Elements 11, 12, or 13

on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit. If you select and highlight the problem video on the Timeline and go to Adjust Tab/Adjustments Palette/...and display of panels, do any of the panels have a green dot on them? If so, which one(s). Aside from that, did you knowingly apply any effect(s) to the problem clip that you did not to the others? Here I am suspecting a Smart Fix being applied with or without your knowledge.

As a just in case note about what you see in the Preview Window when you double clip the file thumbnail in Project Assets or on the Timeline -

You see the source file without applied effects et al. That is normal.

If you press the play button of the Edit area monitor, you get the playback on the Timeline content with its applied effects et al. That is normal.

Consequently, my initial target in your troubleshooting is what has been knowingly or unknowingly applied to the problem clip in the scenario

that I suspect and have stated at the top of this post.

We will be following your replies to all contributions.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...post revisited after original posting to remove an extra "even" in one sentence.

• 3. Re: preview vs. timeline
              Mr_T Level 1

I use PE 13.

As A. T. Romano wrote, some video files are affected, some are not affected. I did not use any effect. Just moved video file to timeline. All video files were made by canon eos550d in full hd quality and the project is also in full HD. I have the latest drivers for AMD RADEON R7200 SERIES and quicktime.

PREMIERE.png

• 4. Re: preview vs. timeline
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Mr_T

Within a 99.999% certainty I believe that I know what happened to that particular video clip.

Somehow Videomerge was applied to it.

Probably when you dragged the clip to the Timeline you clicked Yes to the friendly but dangerous Videomerge message...it probably

saw your solid colored brown background.

Let us see if my 99.999% certainty is right. Select the problem clip. Go to Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palatte, and look for a Videomerge

Panel. Do you see one?

We will be watching for your report.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On....

Guessing, but with certainty...Before situation, you clicked Yes to..

Before.JPG

And, after got

After.JPG

You can get back your "good" video clip, by right clicking the Videomerge Panel, selecting Delete, and then clicking on

the image in the Edit area monitor.

• 5. Re: preview vs. timeline
                  Mr_T Level 1

I love youuuuu...