6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2014 10:04 AM by Alster

C4D Camera not working in AE

Alster

Hi, so i'm using c4d to do an animation, then extracting the camera into AE so I can use it with Particular, but when I extract the camera, the particles move, but not as if they were synced to the camera? If that makes sense? It's definitely the right camera that i use.

• 1. Re: C4D Camera not working in AE
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

We will need a significant amount of more information.

What EXACT version of AE are you using (down to the last decimal)?

Are you using the version of C4D that comes with AE or a standalone? If a standalone, what version are you using (Studio, Prime, etc.)? And what EXACT version number?

How are you extracting the camera data? Are you using the Maxon plugin or the Cineware effect?

What is the project frame rate of your C4D project? What is the frame rate of your C4D project's render settings? What is your AE composition's frame rate set to?

Alster wrote:

It's definitely the right camera that i use.

Super. How do you know?

Screenshots of your comp window and timeline could also be helpful.

Also, is your Particular effect applied on a 3d layer or a 2d layer?

We don't know your AE experience level, so we have to ask all the questions, even the ones that may seem silly. Heck, even folks with decades of experience sometimes miss the simple things.

• 2. Re: C4D Camera not working in AE
            Alster Level 1

Lets get something clear too which I should have mentioned, ive done it before, its just this one time that it isnt working.

Im using AE V CC 2014.1.1 Version 13.1.1.3

USing the standalone C4D VR16 Studio

All Framerates are 30 FPS

Extracting using the MAxon plugin

Just thinking about it, the last time i did this was with R14 of C4d, do you think that could be why? Incorrect setting that i had in r14 but not r16?

• 3. Re: C4D Camera not working in AE
              Alster Level 1

Although trying the camera from an r14 version still is not working correctly

• 4. Re: C4D Camera not working in AE
                Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Well, you should probably consider updating AE. 13.2 is the newest version.

What version number of C4D R16 Studio are you using? There have been some bug-fix updates for C4D since R16 released.

How recently did you download the MAXON plugin? Try replacing the plugin in your AE folder with a newly downloaded one.

Are you sure the frame rates are all 30 and none are 29.97? It might not make much difference, but it could!

• 5. Re: C4D Camera not working in AE
                  Alster Level 1

My bad, its the CINEWARE plugin that I use to extract the camera.

And R16.029 and ive tried R14.041