33 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2015 8:01 AM by jasperthesiamese

THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. i cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!

jasperthesiamese Level 1

I am at the end of my tether here. This is absolutely ridiculous! How do you get to speak to Adobe? Three times I have gone to chat and nothing has been done and they keep referring me back to the forum!! Or to look at the list of options

One guy didnt even know what the organizer is? He sent me to a page for errors. I am not getting any errors

This is a forum which I appreciate is for people with problems but when I try chat I get cut off as nobody seems to know what to do?

My story (again) is that I can load my new premiere elements 13 and add photos and videos into the library however when I tick the videos I want to build the video I get asked to sign in, which I do and then click agreed to the licenceing agreeemnet and then thats it. No load of the Editor so basically I can only get into the organizer

I have Photoshop Elemenst 12 and a trial of 13

Is this a difficult enquiry? Why can nobody from Adovbe help?

They make a stromng case abouyt their support but I have had literally none

Please can someone help me?

• 1. Re: THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. i cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!
          jasperthesiamese Level 1

Pradeep: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.
          Pradeep: Hi Jilly .
          Jilly Lowe: Good afternoon could you help me with my issue please?
          Pradeep: I understand you are unable to use the software let me check and help you with this .
          Pradeep: May I ask the serial  number please ?
          Jilly Lowe: I have bought Premiere Elements 13 and I can load my photos into the organizer but when I come to trying to loasd into the editor it asks me to sign in and thats it
          Jilly Lowe: [removed]

info: Your chat transcript will be sent to [removed] at the end of your chat.
          Jilly Lowe: Please dont transfer me to someone else or refer me to a forum. Your website says that you can support me so i need support
          Jilly Lowe: My last two ref numbers were 0214526540 and 0214526659
          Jilly Lowe: These were the rerf numbers of my chat calls
          Pradeep: Thank you for confirming .
          Jilly Lowe: info: You are now chatting with Biswaranjan. Biswaranjan: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service. Biswaranjan: Hi Jilly. Biswaranjan: How are you doing? Jilly Lowe: Good morning I hope you can helo me Jilly Lowe: I have had Premier elements 13 as a xmas gift and I am unable to open my Edito Biswaranjan: I understand you are unable to work with the software. Biswaranjan: I will try my best to help you with this issue. Jilly Lowe: I can get into the organizer but not the Editor? Jilly Lowe: Thanks Biswaranjan: May I know the serial number of the software? Jilly Lowe: [removed] Biswaranjan: Thank you for the serial number. Jilly Lowe: It was bought from Amazon Biswaranjan: May I place you on hold for a couple of minutes while I check that for you? Jilly Lowe: No problems thank you info: Your chat transcript will be sent to [removed] at the end of your chat. Biswaranjan: You are welcome. Biswaranjan: Thank you for your patience. Biswaranjan: I see that this is a technical issue. I'll need to transfer this chat to the technical support team so that this issue is resolved in this first contact itself. Jilly Lowe: Thank you for looking for me Jilly Lowe: Ok info: Please wait while I transfer the chat to the appropriate group.
          Jilly Lowe: That was the last call
          Pradeep: I see that you are facing a technical issue and we are from customer service team we do not have much information about this technical issue you have to refer forums .
          Pradeep: I will provide you with the forums link you can post your query in forums to get the issue fixed .
          Jilly Lowe: On the forum I got an email saying This is an open forum... not Adobe support... Adobe is not going to contact you from a message here Select a topic, then click I STILL NEED HELP to start Premiere Elements Online chat
          Pradeep: Click here to view the link
          Jilly Lowe: Which I have done three times now and nobody can help. I hope you can
          Jilly Lowe: Not you as well! I dont want to go to a forum! I need help NOW
          Pradeep: Okay, In that case please allow me 2 minutes I will check with our relevant team.
          Jilly Lowe: Please come back to me with help. This is Adobe issue and everybody wants to send me to a forum where these people have nothing to do with Adobe. They are people having problems themselves
          Jilly Lowe: This is disgraceful that I have no way of contacting anyone that can help. I have a feeling that you are going to do the same thing and fob me off or cut me off just like the other two have
          Jilly Lowe: I hope that I am wrong and even if you cant help me someone else cam
          Pradeep: Thank you for staying online .
          Jilly Lowe: Im not rude just frustrated with the service and not being able to use the product that I have
          Pradeep: I did check with our relevant team its a technical issue I will go ahead and transfer the chat to our relevant team they will check and help you with this .
          Jilly Lowe: You are now going to contact a technical team who are not technical and dont even know what an organizer is
          Jilly Lowe: Here we go
          Jilly Lowe: Well if it is a technical issue then hopefully your "technical" team can help?
          Pradeep: No I have checked with the correct team who will support for premiere elements issue so I will transfer the chat to them .
          Pradeep: Shall I transfer the chat ?
          Jilly Lowe: Definatley
          Pradeep: Okay .
          info: Please wait

• 2. Re: THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. i cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!
            A.T. Romano Level 7

jasper

Please refer to my latest entries in your other thread found

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1667066

Right now it appears that we are not dealing with a Elements Organizer 13 slideshow issue and the details of that.

Basically, you are stuck with a cannot not open Premiere Elements 13 Editor. Let us do this....

1. Delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file, and if that does not work, then the whole 13.0 Folder that the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists.

Local Disc C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. And, if that does not work, you delete the whole 13.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the complete path cited.

2. Miscellaneous

a. Run program from User Account with Administrative Privileges. If you are, then

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 13

and in the Adobe Premiere Elements 13 Folder find the Adobe Premiere Element.exe file, right click it, select and apply Run As Administrator. Then double click that file to try to open it to the Editor workspace.

b. Make sure that you are working with a mouse and not a pen and tablet device.

c. Check your video card/graphics card and its driver information in Device Manager/Display Adapter...name of card, how many cards, drive up to date according to web site of manufacturer of the card?

3. If problem not resolved, uninstall reinstall program (assuming that you still have the installation files that came with the tryout download. You do not get another chance at the download.)

Uninstall the usual Control Panel way

Do a free ccleaner run through to get rid of leftovers from incomplete uninstalls reinstalls

CCleaner - Download

Reinstall the program with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

Please review the above and the other entries I have made in your other threads. Let us see if we can sort out the issues.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. i cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!
              jasperthesiamese Level 1

Good afternoon

You asked me to do the below but the sequences you mentioned are not in my pc?

1. Delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file, and if that does not work, then the whole 13.0 Folder that the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists.

Local Disc C

Users

Owner (No owners file all it says is Lowe495 which has Contacts, Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Favourites, Links, Music, Pic Stream, Pictures, Saved Games, Searches and videos so not owners file)

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

• 4. Re: THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. i cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!
                jasperthesiamese Level 1

I dint know what to do with the below

2. Miscellaneous

And then you said to do the below

a. Run program from User Account with Administrative Privileges. If you are, then

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 13

and in the Adobe Premiere Elements 13 Folder find the Adobe Premiere Element.exe file, right click it, select and apply Run As Administrator. Then double click that file to try to open it to the Editor workspace.

There is no folder in adobe premiere 13 only in elements 13 organizer but if I click the Adobe Premier 13 then isn't a Adobe Premiere exe file only a file which says Adobe Premiere 13

• 5. Re: THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. i cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

jasper

Thanks for the reply.

Please review what has been already posted in post 2. The specifics....

With regard to post 3....the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file is there in the path cited. If you do not see it in the 13.0 Folder, then it is a hidden folder and you missed by caution about

Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the complete path cited.

Have you gone to the Folder Options dialog and its View Tab and scrolled to the Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives option to assure that it is enabled?

As for "Owner"...that will reflect the name that you have assigned to the computer's owner.

With regard to post 4....enabling Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives should likely take care of that so that you can get at the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe to apply Run As Administrator and try to open the program from there.

Please let me know if you are OK with all the details.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. i cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!
                    jasperthesiamese Level 1

Sorry I dont know what you want me to do here?

I go to packard bell C which I gather is the Local C disc? If I go to that I have Program Files and also Program files (x86)

If I go to Program files I have Adobe

If I go into Adobe I have the below

Adobe Premier Elements 13 (which is the one I have the problems with )

Elements 13 organizer

Photoshop Elements 13

If I click into Adobe Premier Elements 13 then there is a massive list

They are called File folder or Application or Application extension or Text document?

I dont know which to click on?

Sorry Im not thick but not excellent with computers so I appreciate your patience

• 7. Re: THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. i cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

jasper

I have searched up and down all your thread and still cannot find the computer operating system on which you have installed Photoshop Elements 13 and Premiere Elements 13. Until you tell me otherwise, I am assuming that you are working on Window 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit computer.

The goal was to find and delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if necessary, the whole 13.0 Folder in which it exists. The path was defined in post 2.

1. You start by going to Computer/Local Disk C.

2. Under Computer/Local Disk C, there are several entries...including Program Files and Project Files (x86). We do not want either of them. Move down the list of Local C Disk entries to "Users". Do you see a listing for "Users"? If you are missing entries and are in the correct path, that probably means that you have the computer's option to hide files enabled. So in order to get anywhere with this, we have to enable the option which reads "Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives". To do that you need to get to the Folder Options dialog and its View Tab. The option to enable is found in the list under the View Tab. Before I go into how to find Folder Options dialog, please let me know if we are in sync so far in the details.

3. As soon as you find Local Disk C/Users, then you go next to the Owner Folder and then the AppData Folder and the rest of the way in the path until you get to the 13.0 Folder cited in the path back in post 2. Please let me know if we are together on this so far.

All that you wrote in post 6 seem to indicate that you have gone off on the wrong path.

All of the above may be on hold now that you have opted to look at the Premiere Elements 13 tryout instead of finishing up on the above. But, I am not sure on that since, in one of your thread where you first mention the download of the tryout, you seem to suggest that you have successfully done the deletions requested plus some extra program clean ups and still cannot get Premiere Elements to work with your video.

As I mentioned in one of your other threads, we really do need to pin down the properties of that AVCHD file if you are using that as representation of the

"I cannot import video into the Premiere Elements Editor."

ATR

• 8. Re: THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. i cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!
                        jasperthesiamese Level 1

Good afternoon

The system that we use is Windows 8

I have gone into users and see the below

Lowe 495

Public

I go into my owners tab and it  doesnt have AppData Folder

I have

Contacts

Desktop

Documents

Favourites

Links

Music

PicStream

Pictures

Saved Games

Searches

Videos

Within desktop this has Adobe Premier Elements 13 and if I go into this it has PRE 13 and Readme

If I go into readme this has lots of Adobe Premier Elements 13 files in different languages?

If I hit the English one then it asks how I would like the file to be opened

If I go into the file reading Adobe Premier Elements 13 then this gives me more option

I have the below

Deploy

Packages

Payloads

Resources

OEM

Set up

I went into set up and it started to initialize and said Adobe installer as if I was installing it again?

I came out as I should have it installed?

I dont want the tryout anyway as I have bought the full package and still have it

That will be a last resort if I cannot get the full package working

Hope this helps and I do thank you for your help

• 9. Re: THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. i cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

jasper

From the status of this thread, it appears to me that you are troubleshooting the problems with the purchased Premiere Elements 13 while trying to do the same for the tryout Premiere Elements 13. In the original purchased Premiere Elements 13 troubleshooting, we were trying to find and delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if necessary, the whole 13.0 Folder in which it exists. We are not there yet, and there is too much in the troubleshooting mix.

Please focus on the following of the many threads that you have on this theme.

Cannot download the trial version of premier 13

Whether or not you follow the troubleshooting path which I am encouraging you to follow, you still should be working with files and folders that are unhidden. This is independent of a working Premiere Elements for the moment. To unhide hidden files and folders and drives, we do the following in Window 8 64 bit.

1. When you are in the view showing all the apps, type File Explorer and select and click on File Explorer in the list that appears.

2. In the File Explorer, there should be 3 tabs - File, Computer, and View. Click on the View tab.

3. Under the View tab, look to the far right top column and find Options and click on it.

4. When you click on that Options tab, you should get the Folder Options dialog.

5. In the Folder Options dialog, click on its View Tab.

6. Under that View Tab, scroll down until you find the option "Show hidden files, folders, and drives", and make sure that it is

selected. OK out of there.

All the hidden files, folders, and drives should now be unhidden and available to help us in our troubleshooting when indicated.

Right now, focus on that one thread to which I referred you at the start of this thread. We are getting to the point where too many threads

are confusing and unmanageable.

We will be watching for further developments.

Thank you.

ATR

• 10. Re: THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. i cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!
                            jasperthesiamese Level 1

I appreciate all your help in this matter as I know you have spent a lot of time trying to help

The disc came up as Counterfeit so i  have rang Amazon and demanded a refund which they have done

This is probably where the problem was with the software

Thank you so much and happy new year

• 11. Re: THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. i cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

jasperthesiamese

Thanks for the update. But sorry about the news that forced you to return the purchased product to the seller.

Are you going to pursue the free 30 day tryout of Premiere Elements 13 from Adobe which you appear already to have on

your computer. If so, please start a whole new thread with a distinctive title on your questions on that so we can start fresh and not be distracted by

other information scattered about several threads.

Because of the nature of your problem with your purchased product that you have returned, I would encourage you to do an extensive

clean up of the computer used - ccleaner both the regular part and the registry part.

Best wishes on whatever your decision is...to remain with your prior versions or to seek the latest ones.

We want you to succeed with your video editing projects.

Happy New Year.

ATR

• 12. Re: THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. i cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!
                                A.Kubba Adobe Employee

Hi,

My apologies for any kind of inconvinience that you had to go through.

Performing a clean uninstall and reinstall of the Adobe Products should resolve the problem. Incase you face any further issues on this case send me a private message om forums with the details and i will arrange a call back for you.

thank you

Arjun

• 13. Re: THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. i cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!
                                  jasperthesiamese Level 1

Hi Arjun

Previousley I had problems with a bought disc with premier 13 and eventually I found out that it was a counterfeit so I sent that back

I thought that I would download the trial version of Premier 13 to see if I could get on with it and an hour and a half it took to download only to find the download doing exactly the same as the purchased one

I have been chatting to ATR on this forum and you asked me to send him a private message and he would get someone to call me back but I don't know how to do that

The problem is that I cannot edit videos at all. My editor doesn't open at all and I have tried everything. Firewall off and on and installing and uninstalling so many times I have lost count

The photos work but not the video editor

If I put photos on then the editor will work but not videos

I really don't know what to do as if I can't get the trial version to work then there is no point in me having it

Please can you help?

• 14. Re: THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. i cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

jasper

Just a note....I am not affiliated with Adobe in any way. Just a user in this user to user forum. Arjun as Adobe Staff might be able to offer you a remote control of your computer troubleshooting session whereas we cannot. It is up to Arjun as to the choice of communication between the two of you.

Arjun who has entered your thread is identified as Adobe Staff. So, you now have a contact with Adobe via Arjun.

You can communicate with Arjun in this thread or by private message. Remember what you post in the thread is seen by the public.

So  you do not want to post serial numbers and other personal information in these threads. Private messages sent specifically in the Adobe

Private Message System to and from you and Arjun are a different matter.

Furthermore, if you continue thread discussions, please stay in this one thread. So many threads on the same matter is making it very

difficult to coordinate all the suggestions and replies.

My current impression on what you wrote Arjun....apparently you are indeed following up with the Premiere Elements 13 tryout....

From what you wrote, the issue with Premiere Elements 13 tryout is the same as the purchased that you sent back to the retailer.

From what you wrote...you can indeed "open the Premiere Elements 13 Editor and import photos, but not video". So this is not a

cannot open the Premiere Elements 13 Editor if you write that. What you seem to be saying is that you can open Premiere Elements 13 project

but you cannot import and/or edit videos in a project. Is that correct?

If that is the case, it becomes critical to know the properties of this video....video compression, audio compression, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, file extension, pixel aspect ratio. Most critical of the critical are video compression and file extension. If you do not know that information, then knowing the brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded the video would be a major help.

Please define where your problems start with when you run into "cannot not edit video"

a. In Expert workspace, you use Add Media/Files and Folders/ and end up with an error message?

or

b. In Expert workspace, you use Add Media/Files and Folders/ and do get the video thumbnail into Project Assets, but

when you drag the video to the Timeline Video Track 1/Audio Track 1, the program crashes or you get some kind of error

message? If error message, what does it say.

or

c. Other

If you could give each of those questions a specific answer, I think that we all will be getting to the answers that we need to help you.

ATR

• 15. Re: THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. i cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!
                                      jasperthesiamese Level 1

Good afternoon

I appreciate that you are not Adobe staff and I can only appreciate the time that you have spent

I can open the organizer and import photos and videos but I cannot open the Editor to edit the videos

I already have Photoshop 12 which I can use for Photos so I wanted the video editing program

A point to mention is that when I downloaded the trial version of Premier 13 it had one of my videos in as if it wasnt a new version so I was confused by this ?

The size of the video that is in my organizer is 465.2mb 1920x1080 and lasts 2.27

You have asked for the following? video compression, audio compression, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, file extension, pixel aspect ratio

Where and how do I find this information?

The camera I am using is a Sony Cybershot DSCHX20V

There is no error message

I cannot load expert as I cannot load Editor

I xcan load photos/videos but cannot edit them as I cannot load the editor

I get the sign in and when I sign in the agreement for licencing and thats it, editor doesnt load

I cannot drag the videos anywhere as to do that you have to load editor and I cannot open Editor

No error message at all

Thank you for your help

• 16. Re: THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. i cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!
                                        jasperthesiamese Level 1

Good afternoon

I appreciate that you are not Adobe staff and I can only appreciate the time that you have spent

I can open the organizer and import photos and videos but I cannot open the Editor to edit the videos

I already have Photoshop 12 which I can use for Photos so I wanted the video editing program

A point to mention is that when I downloaded the trial version of Premier 13 it had one of my videos in as if it wasnt a new version so I was confused by this ?

The size of the video that is in my organizer is 465.2mb 1920x1080 and lasts 2.27

You have asked for the following? video compression, audio compression, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, file extension, pixel aspect ratio

Where and how do I find this information?

The camera I am using is a Sony Cybershot DSCHX20V

There is no error message

I cannot load expert as I cannot load Editor

I xcan load photos/videos but cannot edit them as I cannot load the editor

I get the sign in and when I sign in the agreement for licencing and thats it, editor doesnt load

I cannot drag the videos anywhere as to do that you have to load editor and I cannot open Editor

No error message at all

Thank you for your help

• 17. Re: THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. i cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

jasper

Thanks for the reply. I just saw your post in the thread of another. In that thread you seem to have mentioned that, while in the Elements Organizer 13 and trying to get to the Premiere Elements Editor from there, you are getting a message about product licensing. Is that correct? If so, please try to follow this path to make sure that "FLXnet Licensing" is started and not stopped.

Computer

Manage

Services and Applications

Services

then scroll through the list of services until you reach the one named FLEXnet Licensing, and open that to determine if its status is Started or Stopped. If stopped, then start it and determine if that resolves the Elements Organizer seeking product licensing.

More later. I am hoping that Adobe Staff can offer you a remote control of computer troubleshooting since I believe will expedite matters.

ATR

• 18. Re: THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. i cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!
                                            jasperthesiamese Level 1

Thank you for getting back to me

That is correct I am unable to open premier elements 13 editoor to open videos

You gave me steps to do but I don't know where to find any of the steps?

I am using a windows 8 computer

• 19. Re: THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. i cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!
                                              jasperthesiamese Level 1

Hi ATR

I have found the services menu and there isn't one called FLEXnet Licensing?

• 20. Re: THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. i cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!
                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

jasper

Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 8 64 bit

There may be other ways on Windows 8 to do this, but let us try this....

1. On the computer main keyboard, as you hold down the Windows key, hit the x key to open a pop up menu.

2. In that pop up menu, look for and find Computer Management.

3. In the Computer Management dialog, click on "Services and Applications" in the left column.

4. Then look to the right area and double click Services.

5.  Now scroll down the list under Services to find and open (double clic) the FLEXnet Licensing entry.

6. In the Flexnet Licensing Service Properties (Local Computer) dialog

a. Make sure that the Startup type = Automatic

and

b. Service Status = Running

(if not running, click the Start button in Service Status area of the dialog.

An alternative route to get there is as described previously starting with

a. Desktop

b. Clicking on the File Explorer in the Taskbar at the bottom of the Desktop to open the File Explorer

c. Right clicking "This PC" in the File Explorer and selecting Manage and then following the path cited in post 17.

ATR

• 21. Re: THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. i cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!
                                                  jasperthesiamese Level 1

HI Atr

I have sent you another message that said that I don't have the FLEXnet Licensing entry?

I have found the services menu and there is a list of details but not that one

• 22. Re: THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. i cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!
                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

jasper

What antivirus program does your computer use?

Please remind me if you have had it and the firewall(s) disabled when you were downloading and installing Premiere Elements 13.

The typical recommendation if you do not find a FLEXnet Licensing in Services is to go for a re-install.

I am wondering if the following Licensing Repair Tool will be of any help

Adobe - Adobe Licensing Repair Tool

However, none of that may be worthwhile unless you are working with a cleaned up computer after all that you have been through.

1. Have you gone through the process of deactivating and uninstalling the purchased Premiere Elements 13 from your computer. Deactivation

is not the same as uninstall. To deactivate the program, you click on Help Menu/Sign Out in the opened Premiere Elements 13 Editor project, close the program, and then go to the computer Control Panel for the program uninstall. Can you do that?

If not, then move on to the uninstall the usual Control Panel route.

2. Do you have the installation files for Premiere Elements 13 tryout in a safe place on the computer desktop. If so, I would uninstall the tryout the usual Control Panel way.

3. Then, I would download and install the free ccleaner and do a run through of first the regular cleaner and then the registry cleaner.

CCleaner - Download

4. Then I would reinstall the Premiere Elements 13 tryout with the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

If you have McAfee as the antivirus program that could be involved in these problems. Besides the antivirus that may or may not be McAfee, do you have any other security programs on your computer that may be preventing Premiere Elements 13 from working?

ATR

• 24. Re: THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. i cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!
                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

jasper

Have you been working with Norton disabled during the troubleshooting? Have you ever looked at the with and without Norton disabled results related to the Premiere Elements Editor opening issue?

No other security programs installed on that computer?

ATR

• 25. Re: THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. i cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!
                                                        jasperthesiamese Level 1

I have uninstalled the purchased Premier 13 by the uninstall programs route only

I didn't do it another way

However I did stall, uninstall with the firewall turned off?

The purchased program has bnow gone back to Amazon but I have the trial version buy this has downloaded with videos that was on the purchased one so I am confused?

Why would it show videos on a new program

I appreciate your help

t is now 11.00pm in the uk so I will reply to you as soon as I can

Have a good eveing (if its evening)

Jilly

• 26. Re: THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. i cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!
                                                          jasperthesiamese Level 1

Morning ATR

I have disabled the firewall whilst installing and uninstalling?

• 27. Re: THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. i cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!
                                                            jasperthesiamese Level 1

Morning ATR

You have mentioned a few points in this email and I have answered them in red for you

Please remind me if you have had it and the firewall(s) disabled when you were downloading and installing Premiere Elements 13. (Yes I have done it with the firewall enabled and also disabled)

The typical recommendation if you do not find a FLEXnet Licensing in Services is to go for a re-install.

I am wondering if the following Licensing Repair Tool will be of any help

Adobe - Adobe <http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/licensing.html>  Licensing Repair Tool ( I haven't tried that but I can if you wish me to and hopefully it will do some good)

1. Have you gone through the process of deactivating and uninstalling the purchased Premiere Elements 13 from your computer. Deactivation

is not the same as uninstall. To deactivate the program, you click on Help Menu/Sign Out in the opened Premiere Elements 13 Editor project, close the program, and then go to the computer Control Panel for the program uninstall. Can you do that?

If not, then move on to the uninstall the usual Control Panel route. (I have only gone to uninstall program within the control panel however you mentioned that the other way is to click onn help Menu/Sign out in the opened Premiere Elements Edito project, but what I keep mentioning is that I cannot open the Editor. That is the whole problem. I cannot open the Editor at all.

Do you have the installation files for Premiere Elements 13 tryout in a safe place on the computer desktop. If so, I would uninstall the tryout the usual Control Panel way.( I don't know what you mean by in a safe place on the computer desktop?I installed it as it asked and there is a shortcut on my desktop? Am I missing what you have said? Please can you explain further and where to look to where it should be?

3. Then, I would download and install the free ccleaner and do a run through of first the regular cleaner and then the registry cleaner. (I donwloaded this and have used this)

CCleaner - Download <https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download>

4. Then I would reinstall the Premiere Elements 13 tryout with the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled. (I did this with only the firewall disabled? Surely it's not safe to completely disable Norton altogether?)

• 28. Re: THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. i cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!
                                                              A.Kubba Adobe Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately i'm out of the office right now.

i will get back to you first thing on Monday.

thank you

arjun

• 29. Re: THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. i cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!
                                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

jasper

Thanks for the update.

Please stay with this particular thread with your responses as you have been doing for the last several posts.

You have made contact with Adobe arjun, and it will be easier for arjun to find you in this thread. Great that arjun will be

able to give you some Adobe input on Monday.

When you talked about video from the purchased that you also found in the tryout, were you talking about what you

were viewing in the Elements Organizer 13? If so, what you observed was probably due to the Elements Organizer 13 catalog

file that remained installed. Just guessing for now.

1. Good if you can check out the licensing tool...I would feel better about the outcome using it if you saw the file and it did not work rather

than the present situation where you do not see the file at all...but worth a try.

2. I thought that you said that you could edit photos but not videos in Premiere Elements Editor. Did I misunderstand? I was thinking that, if

you could get into the Premiere Elements Editor for that, you could look around, especially at Help Menu/Sign In or Sign Out as the case may

be.

3. You should have the Adobe Premiere Elements Folder on your desktop which contains the PRE13 Folder which contains the setup.exe that

you use for product installation. By safe place, I meant some place where it would not get accidentally deleted or lost within a large group of folders

and/or files.

4. From what you wrote, Norton seems to be the only computer security application that you have on your computer. I have been strongly suspecting

a software security issue but so far that thinking has not gotten the problem solved.

Looking forward to further developments.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 30. Re: THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. i cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!
                                                                  jasperthesiamese Level 1

With regards to this below that you sent on a previous mail,  just t let you know that if I double click on the video that was in my catalogue it just allows me to play the video, however there is no sound?

If I click on a few photographs and try to open the editor  it is now saying "The Feature you selected requires Adobe Photoshop Elements. See how easy it is to enhance and share incredible photos, Just install the free , fully functional Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 30 day trial." I did delete the trial evrsion of the Photoshop Elements 13 when I deleted the purchased premier one. PS I still have the purchased version as well as I told Amazon I wasn't sending it back until I got a refund.

So I am unable to get into the editor at all now as I dont have Photoshop Elements 13 installed. I do however have Photoshop Elements 12 but I remember you saying that they are not compatible

question 1. Have you gone through the process of deactivating and uninstalling the purchased Premiere Elements 13 from your computer. Deactivation

If not, then move on to the uninstall the usual Control Panel route.

I have looked at the Licence recovery and it tells me in the instructions to download the License Recovery 109 Zip and then extract the download using Winzip, and then doubleclick the License recovery.exe.?

So I download the Adobe Licensing repair tool, then Accept and download the Licence Repair tool for windows (zip 4.4mb)  which I do . Then when I double click the Licence Repair in my downloads it comes with a list which is below

acresso tool

ctypes.pyd

socket.pyd

Licence Recovery

msvcr71.dll

python25.dll

pywintypes25

win32api.pyd

win32com.shell.shell.pyd

win32event.pyd

win32pipe.pyd

win32process.pyd

win32security.pyd

So there is nothing really that relates to the nstructions?

I will reintall Photoshop Elements 13 tryout and see if I can uninstall Premier again

• 31. Re: THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. i cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!
                                                                    jasperthesiamese Level 1

Good afternoon

With regards to this 2. I thought that you said that you could edit photos but not videos in Premiere Elements Editor. Did I misunderstand? I was thinking that, if

you could get into the Premiere Elements Editor for that, you could look around, especially at Help Menu/Sign In or Sign Out as the case may

be

I have now reloaded Photoshop elements 13 and so now I can get photos into the Premier 13 editor but on the Help menu there is only sign in and not sign out?

Manage my account is greyed out and I have once again tried to edit a video and it still asks me to sign in so the same problem is there that I cannot edit videos

I gather we have a time zone difference and the time in the UK is 15.37pm

Thanks

Jilly

• 32. Re: THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. i cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!
                                                                      jasperthesiamese Level 1

Hi ATR

I have checked with our anti virus system which is Norton to see if we have any blocks on and they said that we dont

• 33. Re: THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. i cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!
                                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

jasper

Thanks for the follow ups.

I am in the United States, so I think that there is at least a 6 hour difference in time between us.

At this point, if you have not already, it might be worthwhile for you to organize all the information on the troubleshooting and results for Adobe Staff who

has promised to contact you on Monday. I am hoping that Adobe Staff can offer you remove control of computer troubleshooting

to pin point the core of the Premiere Elements issue.

I am not sure of Adobe Staff's location, but Monday is fast approaching in no matter what time zone.

Have we looked at renaming the SLCache and SLStores Folders as described toward the bottom of the following

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/04/pe12-premiere-elements-12-editor-will.html

This should be applicable to 12 and 13.

But, if you want to wait for Adobe Staff input, we can hold off on the latter idea.

ATR

• 34. Re: THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. i cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!
                                                                          jasperthesiamese Level 1

Good afternoon Arjun

Just to let you know that I am trying this at 3.45pm Sunday afternoon so you will be able to work out the time zone difference when you receive this message

I am out from 8.00am until 6pm in the evening so you will be able to contact me after that

I will not allow anyone to remotely take over my computer so anything you have to look at I will need to do it myself

I have been dealing with ATR for a few days and he has asked me to make some points about the problems that I am having

1. The problem is that I had purchased Premier Elements 13 and I could add photos and videos to my organizer and make folders however I could only load the editor with photos and not videos. The purchased one came up as counterfeit so I uninstalled it and downloaded the trial version

2. I have Photoshop Elements 12 already and this works ok

3. I have downloaded a trial version of Photoshop 13 to check that I can load photos into the editor of my premier 13

4. I have added QuickTime to my PC and also CCleaner

5. My antivirus is Norton and this wouldn't stop me from downloading

6. I have installed and uninstalled Premier 13 3 times

7. The system that I use is Windows 8

8. I am getting no error messages

9. When I try to load any videos into my editor of Premier  Elements 13 it just asks me to sign in and click the licensing agreement and then that's it. Nothing happens after that

10. The camera that the videos and photos come from is a Sony Cybershot DSCHX20V