This content has been marked as final. Show 11 replies
Sorry posted before Id finished....
The questions are.
1. Does zoom just goes from 0 to 100 'IN' and 100 - 0 'OUT'? So do I need to use another transistion to enlarge the image other than zoom?
2. Is the attached coding ok? Would I need to duplicate this for each img movie clip? Can I continue to use onMotionFinished functions after every movement.
3. Ive seen a transition that uses inertia, i.e slows down and then nudges finaly into postion. What transition or combination of transitions would I need to get that effect?
Thanks for any assitance offered
1. yes, if you use the transition mangager. no if you use the tween class on your movieclip's _xscale and _yscale properties.
2. you need to duplicate that coding for each movieclip unless you put that code in a function a pass a variable (the instance name of the movieclip).
and you can use the same onMotionFinished but then you'll be directing the same movieclip. define it in your function using the movieclip parameter.
3. play with the tween class. check the help documents under components language reference/tween class.
Thanks for helping me out.
I was playing around and used the scale instead of zoom
I triggered the movie to go to next frame and then move the movie on again
I need to stall the movie for a couple of seconds before triggering a down size to original, then move onto next frame.
is that using the setInterval function, and if so how do I use it please
Sorry, but you've completely lost me.
Couyld you please explain what is:
// start your down size
// advance to frame 2 when your down size is completed?
Does this reverse my img scale back to orginal size?
Where is the code to move onto next frame?
way beyond my head
does nothing for 3000 milliseconds, then it calls downSizeF(). in downSizeF() you start your down sizing and advance to frame 2, as explained by the comments.
Thank you for explaining the code to me..
Sorry if appear a little dim, I will try it out.
In the meanwhile could you please recommend a relevant actionscript book for me to read that covers these transitions (I am using flash 8) and maybe a general starter book on actionscript in general. I take it I should be looking a as2...yes?
Thanks in advance
Ive used your suggestion, but have run into a couple of problems.
I have attached the code below to frame 1 but the movie clip doesn't resize down properly. I told the clip to resize up from 150 x100 to 300x200 and on resize down from 300x200 to 150x100 but the clip ends up at about 225 x100. What am I doing wrong?
I also notice that when the movie moves on to frame two, the img1 is above img2 when img2 resizes, do I need some sort of swap depths applying? Could you give an example please.
Have online version running at ( http://www.voddie.com/testbed/tween_transition/tweenmovie ) with the first three frames having code.
To download the fla used ( http://www.voddie.com/testbed/tween_transition/tweenmovie/test4e.fla )
Thanks again for your assistance
I see where I was going wrong, that works a treat.
Thank you for taking the time out to help
In the meanwhile could you please recommend a relevant actionscript book for me to read that covers these transitions (I am using flash 8) - and maybe a useful starter book on actionscript in general.
Thanks in advance
and i don't have any actionscript books that i can recommend. i'm only familiar with one (the actionscript bible) and i don't think it's very good.
i've learned actionscript from this forum and after i gained some competence from my own experimentation and searching google for help on specific issues.