3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2014 4:48 PM by A.T. Romano

premier elements .exe disk error

jbdail

Premiere_error.JPG

All I can find on this error points to a SmartSoundAdobePlugin64 That the Forums say is no longer in use I have taken the advice in the forums and reinstalled and cleaned the registry and PC many times including finally upgrading to 12.1  Any assistance is appreciated.

• 1. Re: premier elements .exe disk error
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jbdail

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running. Very important information that needs to be known.

If you have Premiere Elements 13, then there appears to be a consistent fix (so far anyway) for the no disc error.

The fix involves the deletion or disabling of the OldFilm.AEX file. Have you read those threads?

Please refer to the following thread where PRE_help introduced a fix for this. No sure completely if other things may trigger this no disc error, but

so far the majority of the reports say OldFilm.AEX at the core of the issue at least in Premiere Elements 13.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1657807

Please refer especially to post 8 in that thread.

We will be watching for your results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: premier elements .exe disk error
            jbdail Level 1

Yes Renamed OldFflm.AEX file with no resolution  I am running windows 8.1 on a machine well equipped and updated to handle this task HP  I5 With abundant disk space still no resolution.

• 3. Re: premier elements .exe disk error
              A.T. Romano Level 7

jbdail

Thanks for the reply. Sorry the OldFilm.AEX file deletion or disabling did not work for you to get rid of the no disc error of Premiere Elements 12/12.1. At least it was not Premiere Elements 13's no disc error fix of now.

Have you read the reports and tried them related to

a. Computer/Manage/Disk Managements

b. Inspecting the details of the drives situation on your computer....

c. Do you currently have E drive on your computer? If you say no, then please look again to see if there is now one listed although you do not have a E driver.

We will be watching for further details.

Thanks for the follow up which are appreciated by all.

Thank you.

ATR