1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 29, 2014 9:59 PM by ssprengel

Adobe Camera Raw Help.

Julian1359

Hey,

I'm using a Macbook Pro Retina late 13 inch laptop and i am trying to install the latest version of Adobe Camera Raw. When i install it from adobe's page i go through all of the instructions given to me and says it will take up around 500 mb from my computer, when i click accept it says the installation was successful. The only problem is, is that i don't have the program and cannot find it. Do i have to download something else in order to use it or do i have to buy photoshop cc. Im extremely confused and any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Adobe Camera Raw Help.
          Jeff Schewe Level 5

What version of Photoshop are you using?

• 2. Re: Adobe Camera Raw Help.
            ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Camera Raw is a plug-in for Photoshop not a standalone program.   It would not install if you don’t have a compatible version of Photoshop installed.

To use the Camera Raw plug-in, you open a raw file in Photoshop using Photoshop / Open and select a raw file on your hard drive.

To see what version of the camera raw plug-in in Photoshop, you can use Photoshop / About Plug-in / Camera Raw.

To see what version of Photoshop you have use Help / About…Photoshop.