4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2014 8:32 AM by A.T. Romano

GoPro video?

fly74

Does Premiere Elements accept and convert GoPro files directly from a gopro camera to be edited in PE?

• 1. Re: GoPro video?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

fly74

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system? Are your files from the camera H.264.mp4.

If so, should be doable.

If you do not have Premiere Elements yet, then I suggest that you evaluate your video editing in the free 30 day tryout of Premiere Elements before purchase to

assure that the program is compatible with your computer environment and project goals.

You may have found some older articles citing need for pre-processing of GoPro footage before use in Premiere Elements. Others and I have not

found that to be the case in what we have done. But, the answers are in the details of your situation.

Please let us know if you have further questions or need clarification on this.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: GoPro video?
            fly74 Level 1

That would be Windows  8.1 and the newest Premiere elements.

• 3. Re: GoPro video?
              fly74 Level 1

I am running Windows 8.1 and I have not installed PE yet so it would be the newest available version.

Thanks Greg

Sent from Windows Mail

• 4. Re: GoPro video?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Greg

Thanks for the replies.

I have looked at some GoPro samples from what I recall is the GoPro Hero Black in Windows 7 64 bit as well as Windows 8.1 64 bit. They were 1920 x 1080p30 (AVCHD.mp4). They used the DSLR project preset when imported. I had not problems importing, editing, or exporting those files in Premiere Elements 13 Editor.

There is currently a lot of discussion going on about the Elements Organizer 13 on what its player there supports and does not support. However with the GoPro samples that I looked at

a. they imported and played back video and audio into the Elements Organizer 13 workspace

b. they imported into Premiere Elements 13, were copied into the Elements Organizer workspace in that process, and they had no problems on either side.

But, I would still encourage you to look at the free 30 day tryout of Premiere Elements 13 to assure its compatibility with your computer environment and project goals.

ATR