4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2014 9:05 AM by IndianaJones93

Trying to download Premier Elements v8

IndianaJones93

I purchased Premier Elements version 8 several years ago.  Just had to wipe my computer and start over, and while I can find Photoshop 8 (purchased at same time) download, I can't get Premier Elements 8.  Please help.

• 1. Re: Trying to download Premier Elements v8
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Indiana

Did you purchase Premiere Elements 8 from Adobe as a download? If so, you should be able to obtain another set of installation files from Adobe.

Did you go to the Adobe web site, sign in with your Adobe ID and password, type in My Orders in Search field there, and then navigate to My Orders following the link. When you get to My Orders, look through your orders until you find the Premiere Elements 8 order. That is where your opportunity should be to get another set of download files.

There is a web site that offers free tryouts of older programs into which you can insert your purchased serial number; however, those tryouts do not go as far back as 8 - just 9 to 13.

Please review and consider and then let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Trying to download Premier Elements v8
            IndianaJones93 Level 1

Thank you for the response. I actually did navigate my way to the My Orders area of Adobe's site, and it does show me as having purchased both Photoshop and Premier elements, version 8.  However, there is no link to download on that page. Only my serial number information. I have to go elsewhere on the site to get downloads, and while Photoshop goes back to version 8, Premier Elements, like the website you mentioned, only goes back to version 9.

Do you have any other thoughts? 

Thanks very much for your input.

• 3. Re: Trying to download Premier Elements v8
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Indiana

Please explore that your download possibilities for version 8 still exist at My Order Adobe.

The way to do that is to contact Adobe via its Adobe Chat Orders and determine if that department

can define the way. I am unaware that Adobe cut off access to downloads for purchases of the older versions.

If you want to do this, please click on the following link

Contact Customer Care

Premiere Elements

Membership, Account, Payment

Payments, Invoices, Orders

Chat Panel

If the link does not hold its set, then you will need to navigate to the Chat Panel using the above titles as guides.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR