2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2014 4:45 PM by Geoff the kiwi

I am looking into Lightroom (Creative Cloud) to allow a Team Member access my Catalog to keyword search which images will work for our Social Media platforms.

TF20-TLP

I am looking at LR Creative Cloud to allow a Team Member access my catalog so she can keyword search which images will work for our social media campaigns. My catalog has both personal and business images (which are in separate folders), however, I only want them to access the business images. What is the best way to do this?

and a second question as I am new to the Cloud LR product. I am assuming that my images still stay on my external drive...how am I or her able to view these images if I am out of town on another computer?

• 1. Re: I am looking into Lightroom (Creative Cloud) to allow a Team Member access my Catalog to keyword search which images will work for our Social Media platforms.
          dj_paige Level 9

My catalog has both personal and business images (which are in separate folders), however, I only want them to access the business images. What is the best way to do this?

I think the only way in Lightroom to make this happen is to use two catalogs, one for business and one for personal, and then prevent access to the personal catalog via putting it on a disk or location that your team member does not have access to.

I am assuming that my images still stay on my external drive...how am I or her able to view these images if I am out of town on another computer?

Situations like this require you to put the catalog file AND photos on the external HD and then move the external drive to whatever location and whatever computer is needed. An alternative is to put the photos on a network drive and the catalog file on a local disk and access the catalog locally and the photos via network, but that limits you to using a single computer.

I am looking at LR Creative Cloud to allow a Team Member access my catalog so she can keyword search which images will work for our social media campaigns.

As far as I know, this does not require Creative Cloud, nor does Creative Cloud help in this situation. Furthermore, if you are thinking about a situation where you and your team member have simultaneous access to the catalog(s) of interest, this is not possible in Lightroom. Lightroom is a single user application.

If you are interested in a true multi-use application, where more than one individual can access a catalog at the same time, you might want to look at Daminion. Note: I am not endorsing or recommending Daminion, as I have never used it; I simply point out the that it has the feature being discussed.

• 2. Re: I am looking into Lightroom (Creative Cloud) to allow a Team Member access my Catalog to keyword search which images will work for our Social Media platforms.
            Geoff the kiwi Adobe Community Professional & MVP

In addition to the above, you can see the files with just the catalog and it's previews. Also look up about Smart Previews which can be rendered and taken with the catalog to process files when they are off line. SP's are small versions of the raw file basically and adjustments made to them are transferred back to the master files when they are available/online...