• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

handling last name foramt

Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2007 Mar 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, the letter that needs to be generated has a "TO" section and a person's last name should be started with "uppercase" and rest of them is printed "lowercase", but some cases are treated differently. (Users need to input the last name before they generate the letter).
But they input too many different formats of last name and it is a nightmare to catch those formt to print out the first letter to be uppercase and some cases the second letter should also be capital..
For example, last name O'Nell. In this case, it should be print out "O" and "N" all capital. Some has Hong-Sang.
Look at these last name that users entered.
RIVERA COLON
DAVIS JR,
KEMBALL - COOK
EARWOOD III
St. Andrews
HALL JR.
PURTILL (SMITH)
MOORE 11
COUNTRYMAN JR.,
Santos, Jr.
O NEILL
O'NEILL
omg, I have no idea how to print out thoses last name in a proper format on "TO" section on the letter.
maybe I need to prevent them to inputting a wrong last name format, but what are the right last name format then?
Does ColdFusion has something that can handle this situation? please advise me.

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2007 Mar 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
please discard this second posting. this is the same as the previous one. I accidently pressed the submit button twice before posting due to the internet delay. I do not know how to delete the posting here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation