2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2014 11:09 AM by wakesnowhighlife

After using DNG converter, Lightroom still won't recognize and import my photos...

wakesnowhighlife

I just started shooting with a Sony A6000 and couldn't import the photos due to compatibility issues with my current version of lightroom (4.4).  After reading about it on the forums I found that I had to either download LR5 or use the DNG converter then import into LR.  I opted for the free problem fix and downloaded DNG Converter v8.4 (compatible with Sony A6000).  Now, after converting my freshly shot photos to DNGs, I've tried to import them into Lightroom through both the Copy and Move functions (because I like the file organization I've established through LR) but each time I end up with a dialogue box saying "Could not move a file to the requested location."  When in the import window, LR shows previews of the images clearly. When converting to DNGs, I've ensured the photos are compatible with Camera RAW v7.1 and later (my LR has v7.4) and I've tried both embedding Fast Load Data and not... Also, I'm using a MacBook Pro OS X 10.9 if that makes any difference.  Am I missing something? I don't see what the problem is... All I want to do is organize and edit my new photos from my new camera on LR without having to pay an additional $80 for the new LR just because I have a new camera...