2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2014 3:27 PM by A.T. Romano

premiere elements 13 crashing fix

chadseals12

I just purchased this program today and installed on two computers.  This program is crashing everytime i add media.  One computer is 8 days old the other is a couple of years old.  Please help.  thank you

• 1. Re: premiere elements 13 crashing fix
          chadseals12 Level 1

My computer info-

Older computer

AMD A8 1.9ghz

4gb ram 3.45 usable

443 gb free memory

New computer

Intel NZ830 2.16ghz

4gb ram 3.89 usable

405 gb free memory

Both running Windows 8.1 64 bit os

• 2. Re: premiere elements 13 crashing fix
            A.T. Romano Level 7

chadseals12

What are the properties of your source media (including file extension) and what are you (manually) or the project (automatically) setting as the project preset to match the properties of the source media? What is your choice under Add Media? Is the problem triggered by increased file sizes and the duration of the Timeline? What are you doing in the program when it crashes?

The usual drill

1. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

2. Are you using a pen and tablet device instead of a mouse?

3. Are you running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges?

4. What video card/graphic card are these computers using and is the card's driver up to date according to the web site

of the manufacturer of the card?

Let us start here and then plan troubleshooting strategy accordingly based on your further details of your situation.

Thank you.

ATR