4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2014 6:43 PM by A.T. Romano

PE 11-  Rendering of TL not saving??

LMVideo

Working on a project in PE 11, multiple video clips & some pix, on V-Track 1, 1 graphic/title on V-Track 2 and audio/music on A-Tracks 1 & 2.

Above the Timeline, I see orange bars above most clips. So, I RENDER them. The bars then turn green. Good. Then, I save the project.

Upon re-opening this same project, the orange (un-rendered) bars are back.

What am I missing here?

I rendered. Why isn't this taking/saving?

Thx!

John

• 1. Re: PE 11-  Rendering of TL not saving??
          LMVideo Level 1

For what it's worth...

In my Timeline, the clips that retain their rendering are AVI clips. Those that don't retain a rendering are MPEG clips.

JPEG clips retain the render. "SCALE TO FRAME SIZE" is selected on all clips.

Appreciate any thoughts on a solution for this.

Thx,
          John

• 2. Re: PE 11-  Rendering of TL not saving??
            LMVideo Level 1

Could this rendering/not saving issue have something to do with where the rendered/preview files are being saved?

C:\drive... same as Project, video files or...?

Thx!

John

• 3. Re: PE 11-  Rendering of TL not saving??
              A.T. Romano Level 7

John

This is an old story with regard to Premiere Elements "rendered" saved closed projects being reopened to find the "unrendered" look.

In spite of this the preview files are alive and well in their hard drive save location. There is no fix for this.

Recently a user pointed out that .psd files are more likely to behave in this fashion than .jpg.

The problem is not unique to one particular version of Premiere Elements on any particular computer operating system.

It presents as a disconnect between the preview files at the hard drive save location and the copies of the source media in the project.

In view of the situation, my comments are to move on...you have seen the preview previously. If you think that you might get a better preview in the re-opened project for the now orange lined content, then render again the completed orange lined content or do it selectively using the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar.

Please review and consider and then we can discuss this further if you need more details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: PE 11-  Rendering of TL not saving??
                A.T. Romano Level 7

LMVideo

Here is some history on trying to maintain the "rendered" look of a project that was saved/closed with a rendered Timeline content.

This is an excerpt on the matter from my blog on Premiere Elements 12 Daily Discoveries

0009. Premiere Elements 12 Unrendered Timeline After Project Rendered Saved/Closed/Reopened

Premiere Elements 12* "rendered" Timeline content is often presenting as "unrendered" when the saved/closed rendered project is re-opened. Rendered or unrendered here is being defined by the program color for the line over the Timeline content with

• no colored line or green line indicating no rendering needed to get the best possible preview of the Timeline content as viewed in the Edit Mode monitor
                • orange line indicating need for rendering to get the best possible preview of the Timeline content as viewed in the Edit Mode monitor

Rendering process is associated with the automatic generation of preview files saved to a designated computer hard drive location.

• For a NTSC SD standard project, these files (for stills or video source) are DV AVI 720 x 480 4:3 @ 29.97 interlaced frames per second (no audio).
                • For a NTSC SD widescreen project, these files (for stills or video source) are DV AVI 720 x 480 16:9 @ 29.97 interlaced frames per second (no audio).
                • For the NTSC HD project, these files (still or video source) are MPEG2.mpeg 960 x 540 16:9 @ 29.97 interlaced frames per second (no audio) accompanied by a .xmp file.
                • For PAL SD standard project, these files (for stills or video source) are DV AVI 720 x 576 4:3 @ 25 interlaced frames per second (no audio).
                • For PAL SD widescreen project, these files (for stills or video source) are DV AVI 720 x 576 16:9 @ 25 interlaced frames per second (no audio)
                • For PAL HD project, these files (still or video source) are MPEG2.mpeg 960 x 540 16:9 @ 25 interlaced frames per second (no audio) accompanied by a .xmp file.

At the time of this unexpected find of unrendered content, the associated preview files are still alive and well in their hard drive save location.

In the case of Premiere Elements 12, the trend seems to be going in the direction

• render the Timeline content without fx Effects/Video Stabilizer/Stabilizer, save/close project with green line over Timeline content/files still "rendered" in re-opened project BUT
                • apply fx Effects/Video Stabilizer/Stabilizer to the content, render the content, save/close project with green line over Timeline content/rendered files present "unrendered" in the re-opened project...but preview files in hard drive save location are intact.

Considerably more work has to be done to define the "when and where" and related aspects of this type of event besides the whys. This frequency of this type of report seemed to peak in the days of Premiere Elements 7 and 8.0/8.0.1 and decrease in the versions afterward. So, it is surprising to see this type of happening so early into the history of the latest version 12.

ATR