• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blue screen of death with flash player 16.0.0.235, Firefox (and sometimes other browsers) and Nvidia GPU

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2014 Dec 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately I've experienced several Blue screens of death on my notebook while playing flash player videos on firefox (and occasionally other browsers, such Chrome as well). I hereby report my detailed hardware information:

-Browser: firefox latest version/Chrome latest version

-Flash Player version: 16.0.0.235

-Graphic card model: Nvidia Geforce GT 425M

-Graphic Driver: 347.09

By reading previous posts on this forum I've found out that this issue may be caused by CUDA functions on recent nvidia drivers. At the moment I've disabled the CUDA function in Nvidia control panel, hoping to fix the problem, but it's a shot in the dark. I've attached a picture of my BSOD, took with my smartphone.

KtehpE.jpg

[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/idKtehpEj][/URL]

I'll appreciate any advice/help you can provide.

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2015 Jan 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is typically a graphics driver issue.  You can find information below (see the section on disabling hardware acceleration).  Ideally, you'll want to update your graphics card drivers to the latest version.  If that doesn't solve the issue, you'll need to disable hardware acceleration in Flash until patched drivers become available. 

Video playback issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeromie suggestion is correct. This is still a huge problem. I built my PC and it runs flawlessly until I started getting this BSOD and at time the PC will just reboot. extremely frustrating b/c I bought a new video card GTX 970 updated all drivers, updated sound card drivers, bought  anew PSU. Bought new memory, bought a new pwr. surge, changed outletsin my house to NO avail. then realized this only happened with FF on the web. Come to find out its Flash Player!! and I had to disable HW acceleration in Flash and poof! resolved but imagine I spent 3 weeks on this issue and you would think it would be fixed by now. There's tons of threads on BSOD with Flash.. wow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear, the issue you're describing is a driver problem, not a Flash problem. Disabling hardware acceleration in Flash avoids the bug by doing all of the work that should be offloaded to your dedicated hardware in software.  This means that the underlying bug in the hardware driver (it's typically video hardware) isn't getting triggered, but you're also not benefitting from any of the acceleration that the hardware is supposed to provide.

If you've updated to the latest available drivers for your hardware and you're still hitting the BSOD, then you might want to open a case with nVidia so that they can get it resolved.

Also, I'd be really interested in the contents of your dxdiag output.

There are instructions at the end of this guide:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My drivers have always been updated to the latest and greatest i've built this system. No more Blue screens now but when I updated Flash to version .226 just last week (currently installed .185 I believe) and what would happen I would just get a "no signal" to my TV and displayed on the screen out of no where but always when I was browsing with FF I would have to do a hard reset for it to come back and 2 hours could go by or 2 minutes and bam no signal from my TV. I changed HDMI cables also..

I have my PC connected to my LG LCD TV which has been for 6 years w/o any issue. I disabled HW acceleration for Flash in FF did a system restore to Flash version xxxx..185 and it works 100% no issues. Unless it FF but i'm updated on that. I was thinking on running this below I just found on sevenforums

I'm at work I can't run the dxdiag at the moment

How to resolve Adobe Flash Player issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines