2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2014 3:05 PM by Elly48

Video conversion

Elly48 Level 1

Hi All

How do i change 4:3 video from old camera I use to 16:9 format so I can post on utube without black bars.

All previous versions of elements could do it but cant find solution on v13.

Please help as know it must be easy but pulling hair out over this simple task.

thanks

Elly48

• 1. Re: Video conversion
          A.T. Romano Level 7

elly48

What you could do with earlier versions you surely can with Premiere Elements 13 in this regard.

What previous version of Premiere Elements did you use to achieve what you seek and how did you do it?

What is the resolution of this 4:3 video - 680 x 480?

Assuming that to be the case, you could explore the following

1. Set your Premiere Elements 13 project preset manually to

NTSC

DV

Widescreen

To do that, open Premiere Elements 13 to its Expert workspace. Go to File Menu/New/Project and Change Settings.

In Change Settings set the above project preset. (I am assuming that you are in a NTSC setup rather than PAL.)

OK out of there. You will next encounter the new project dialog where you put a check mark next to "Force Selected

Project Setting on This Project". OK out of there.

2. Back in the Expert workspace, go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and remove the check mark next to "Fit Content

to Available Space". Next import your 4:3 file into the project, using Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets. Drag

your 4:3 file to the Timeline.

3. Click on the Edit area monitor to bring up the image's bounding box. Drag on one of the points of the bounding box to

adjust the image just to fit the space in the monitor until no black borders.

Does that work for you?

ATR

• 2. Re: Video conversion
            Elly48 Level 1

oh joy...thank you sooooooo much.

U R a legend!

Elly48