1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 6, 2015 3:05 PM by jeromiec83223024

What's with the random Japanese in the maintenance message?

merik2013

So, I'm trying to get flash player (16) installed on my new Windows 8 work laptop via my firefox browser (34.0.5) only to be met with this message on the download page:

" Site Area Temporarily Unavailable

Error

We're sorry, the site area you've requested is unavailable. Please try again later.

システムメインテナンスのため本サービスを一時停止しております。ご利用の皆様にはご不便をおかけして大変申し訳ございません。メインテナンス作業が終り次第、サービスを開始できるよう準備を 進めておりますので、今しばらくお待ち下さいますようお願いいたします。

In the interim, many areas of our website are still available. You may want to try one of the following links:

Thank you for your patience. "

From what I can tell this is a maintenance service message, but what I REALLY want to know is WHY THE HELL the most important part of the message is obscured in flipping Japanese. All my settings are in English and my locale marked in United States. Everything in this message barring the part where it ACTUALLY tells you the service is in maintenance is in  English, but the part that actually matters I'm forced to run through Google translate. Sorry if I seem on edge but this just reeks of gross incompetence.

• 1. Re: What's with the random Japanese in the maintenance message?
          jeromiec83223024 Adobe Employee

Thanks for the feedback.

The US offices were closed for the holidays.  My best guess is that someone from our Japan office was covering the shift that responded the outage you've pointed to.  It may not have been obvious to the person doing the work that their maintenance comment would be reflected across the global properties. 

I'm sure you can appreciate that if we would prioritize getting the outage resolved over ordering up a translation of the engineer's maintenance comments.