Been working on the SAME big project over 18 months, in Pr Pro CC, 2014, working on the SAME PC:
Win 7 SP1 pro 64bit, i7-3770K, 32GB fast memory (25.7 available for Pr), Intel HD 4000 graphics on Asus motherboard with 30" NEC Multisync screen at 2560 x 1600 (same as for years)
42GB free on my SSD drive C: and 54GB free on my SSD drive S: for preview files, 24GB free on my SSD drive T: for caching files. Project files etc stored on a normal hard drive F: (for Files!) 1.25TB free.
NOW last update to 2014.2 and I get constant RANDOM crashes (Windows encountered a fault and had to close this program) despite updating graphics driver and trying different settings in preferences, use mercury etc. No particular action causes it - sometimes I am just watching it play a sequence and it just stops. Though of course it may be rendering the last edit at the time.
Sometimes it runs for all of 15 mins and I think the problem has sorted then it goes again and I have to restart the project, find where I was and re-do my last edits. If I remember to press Ctrl-S very frequently (every few seconds) it seems to run for a while then I forget for 5 mins and it crashes.
Grrrr what did you do to the latest version, Adobe?? I need to get this project finally finished in a hurry.... I wish I had not updated the program! Of course I cannot go back as it says the saved copy is now incompatible with earlier Pr Pro versions.
I then tried running a previous version at the same time, as simonray suggested in his post - it worked! So I am able to continue as normal provided I do this stupid bodge fix.
So it really is down to Adobe as it is the same project, same PC, just different version update. You did something to a great, stable, program that made it unstable, Adobe...
To ANSWER RAMEEZ from previous thread:
A variety of issues can cause PPRO to crash:
- a problem with the Preferences, or some other pref-related file in the Profile-<USERNAME> bin. >> DIDN'T CHANGE ANYTHING since 1½ years running previous PrPro versions on SAME PROJECT on SAME PC
- the graphics driver Checked for latest version - didn't stop the crashing
- third-party plug-ins - don't have any
- a problem with the cache files. I am using the same 2 x SSD I have been using for years for autosave and caching. 54GB free space / 24GB free space (current cache in place)
- a problem with the project file (if you're loading a project...) Doesn't apply
- the Preferences files be set to read-only How would that happen? Never happened before on any other update and I can change it.
- the user not having administrator rights Only one user on PC since installation, full rights
- a conflict/incompatibility with some OS setting Haven't changed anything
- a problem on the licensing/authentication side. I'm signed up to full Adobe CC. Everything else works, Ps, Lr, Id ...
A log file might help identify the cause of the crash. Please right-click 'My Computer', select "Manage," look under 'Event Viewer->Windows Logs->Application' to see if there's an event there from Premiere Pro. If so, copy the contents of that log and paste them here.
Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 126.96.36.199, time stamp: 0x5486db4a
Faulting module name: VideoFilterHost.dll, version: 188.8.131.52, time stamp: 0x5486bf85
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000006d692
Faulting process id: 0x19d0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d022d29c3e2d43
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014\VideoFilterHost.dll
Report Id: 1097ced4-8ec8-11e4-aaaf-08606e6e6383