2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2016 9:51 AM by SueCampbell54

CS4ServiceManager warning on Mac

SueCampbell54 Level 1

I keep getting the warning that CS4ServiceManager can't start because Java Runtime 6 is not installed. This is since my update to Yosemite. I gather they removed Java Runtime 6.

My question is: Since I am running CC2014 programs do I still need this CS4ServiceManager? If not, where is it so I can get rid of it? I've done a search and looked in Application Support but I cannot find it.

I do have a Java Applet "EPUB Checker" (which is dated june 2014) that also won't run due to the Java Runtime 6 being missing. Should I reinstall Java Runtime 6 instead? If so where is a good source for that? It won't make other things incompatible will it?

Thanks for any help, comrades.

Sue Campbell

• 1. Re: CS4ServiceManager warning on Mac
          harriel17552993 Level 1

Having had exactly the same problem after installing Yosemite in combination with CC2014.

Just removed "com.adobe.CS4ServiceManager.plist" from ..>library>LaunchAgents (you may be asked to use your Mac password) and problem was solved.

(by installing CC2014, a similar file "com.adobe.AdobeCreativeCloud.plist" is added in this folder)

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: CS4ServiceManager warning on Mac
            SueCampbell54 Level 1

Huh. So apparently I asked this same question 2 years ago when I updated to Yosemite, and it must have been resolved somehow then... but here I am again after updating to El Capitan asking the same damn question. I looked for the "com.adobe.CS4ServiceManager.plist" in the Library> LaunchAgents folder that Harriel17552993 mentions above, but it isn't there.

So does anyone know where this thing is and how to get rid of it? Thanks in advance.

Sue

PS: I have InD 2015, and 2014 installed. I just found and removed InD CC, which doesn't run on El Cap apparently. Restarting to see it that was the problem. Update: Nope that wasn't it, still getting the warning.