2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2014 4:01 PM by dummergold

Multi Cam issue in Program Monitor PPCC. Help?

5neaky C Level 1

Hi,

For the last week I have been editing Canon .MXF footage from a  five camera shot in PremPro CC Multicam.

All was going well.  I was making progress and was able to export some episodes for Previewing.

Late last night, while editing Multi Cam in the Program window the Multicam half of the window goes black.

Screen Shot 2014-12-31 at 9.39.03 AM.png

Multi cam is enabled in this program monitor.

The Source window can see the multiple cams in the sequence - as seen here below.

Screen Shot 2014-12-31 at 9.41.04 AM.png

And the Timeline has everything enabled for Multicam as well.

Screen Shot 2014-12-31 at 9.40.27 AM.png

Like I say, I have been editing this very project for over a week now, and it suddenly stopped the multicam in the program monitor.

The sequences that I had finished editing will no longer show Multi cam in the program monitor either.  And the project behaves the same across other computers in this studio.

CC is a bit different that CS6.  This is the newest update to the PPCC2014.2

I am looking for any ideas suggestions for what to do here before I start the project over in CS6.

I am hoping that I will not have to revert back  to CS6 a second time on a project this year.

Any comments are appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

• 1. Re: Multi Cam issue in Program Monitor PPCC. Help?
          5neaky C Level 1

Right,

So here was the problem, in case any of you people out there are going nuts with what appears to be a broken project.  

In the timeline above the multicam layer, I was dropping in graphics. I was cutting and pasting them in.

In order to do so I have to highlight the layer that I want to drop the graphics onto.

As shown below.

Screen Shot 2014-12-31 at 10.16.40 AM.png

As soon as a layer gets a highlight other than the Multicam layer, the Program Monitor will no longer show multicam.

Remove the highlighted layer as seen below.

Screen Shot 2014-12-31 at 10.16.55 AM.png

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers..

• 2. Re: Multi Cam issue in Program Monitor PPCC. Help?
            dummergold Level 4

How do you get that outer left column to say V1 anyway? I have the 'V' column in the middle, but not that far left column labelled or chooseable. How did you get that labelled twice as V1?