8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2015 4:48 PM by pygothian

1yr subscription to CC for Lightroom5 and Photoshop is in Trial mode, and now says to purchase, despite my the account saying it will expire Nov 2015

pygothian

Hi,

The title pretty much sums it up.

Exactly a month ago, I purchased the 1 yr subscription for CC for photography, and today both Lightroom5 and photoshop have been crippled / disabled telling me to purchase them to keep using, despite the fact I already purchased them, and when I log into my account, it says they will expire November 2015

Support don't answer, and diverted me here.

Kind Regards & Happy New Year

• 2. Re: 1yr subscription to CC for Lightroom5 and Photoshop is in Trial mode, and now says to purchase, despite my the account saying it will expire Nov 2015
          pygothian Level 1

Nope, nothing like that.   can open Lightroom like usual and do everything except when I go to develop it sayys "Development Module Disabled.  Please renew your membership to enable again"   but my membership is until Nov 2015.

With Photoshop CC, it asks for a serial number to install, and I never ever received any serial number.  I downloaded it via the Creative cloud app, installed it, and signed in with my adobe id and password, and it just worked until now,

I've no registered products in my member area, except for my 12 month subscription - which has no serial numbers associated with it.  I've checked all my emails and not a single email has come from "Adobe" or has the word "Serial" in the header or text.

I downloaded my 12 month subscription receipt, and that also has no serial number - so I can't even reinstall photoshop!

This really encourages people to just use pirated software when they can't even get a simple subscription working.  I've never had to ask for support with any product in 30 years.  Adobe is the first, and so far I rate it as non-existent.

• 3. Re: 1yr subscription to CC for Lightroom5 and Photoshop is in Trial mode, and now says to purchase, despite my the account saying it will expire Nov 2015
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Unless an employee stops by this forum and reads your message, you need to know...

This is an open forum, not Adobe support... you need Adobe support

Adobe contact information - http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html may help

-Select your product and what you need help with

-Click on the blue box "Still need help? Contact us"

• 4. Re: 1yr subscription to CC for Lightroom5 and Photoshop is in Trial mode, and now says to purchase, despite my the account saying it will expire Nov 2015
              Barbara B. Level 7

Since this has nothing to do with PSE, which is not part of the cloud at all, I'll move this post to the Lightroom forum, where you're more likely to get help.

• 5. Re: 1yr subscription to CC for Lightroom5 and Photoshop is in Trial mode, and now says to purchase, despite my the account saying it will expire Nov 2015
                JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You are using the trial version of the stand-alone Lightroom. The programs are exactly the same, but are licensed completely differently. The creative cloud licensing requires that you use your Adobe ID and password rather than a serial number. It will be necessary for you to uninstall the version of Lightroom you are using, and then install Lightroom from the creative cloud application manager. Once this has been done you will be able to start Lightroom using the desktop icon that will be created, and you will be right back where you were previously working. Uninstalling Lightroom will have no effect on your images for your catalog, so none of your work will be lost.

1 person found this helpful
                • 6. Re: 1yr subscription to CC for Lightroom5 and Photoshop is in Trial mode, and now says to purchase, despite my the account saying it will expire Nov 2015
                  David__B Adobe Employee

Hi Pypothian,

Happy New Year

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. I agree with Mylenium as far as troubleshooting, generally subscription products go into a trial state when it is unable to validate the status of your membership. I'd definitely encourage going through the troubleshooting in that document, hosts file or firewall software are the typical causes. I was also wondering what operating system you're using, did you recently upgrade? Are there any other recent changes to your computer that you can think of that coincide with having these difficulties? Also, do you use any anti-virus, firewall, security, or system optimization software, which ones, and have you tried turning them off temporarily when launching and signing in with your Adobe ID? Was the trial screen appearing up until it started asking for a serial number? From the Help menu within Lightroom there should be a System Info option and in there it should say your license type, what is listed there? Is this happening on more than one computer? Please post back with more details and I'll see if I can make any additional suggestions.

Best,

- Dave

• 7. Re: 1yr subscription to CC for Lightroom5 and Photoshop is in Trial mode, and now says to purchase, despite my the account saying it will expire Nov 2015
                    pygothian Level 1

Hi David, thank you for your reply and Happy New Year to you too!

I've tried all the troubleshooting as previously suggested and and extremely computer savvy with both PC and mac.  Host files have been checked, CC cleaner run, all references to Adobe deleted, and a fresh install even tried.

I'll answer each of your suggestions in turn in hope you may have an idea on what the issue may be.

I don't have any firewall installed, and the built in one with Mac OS X 10.10.2 (Yosemite) is off 

I've been using this OS since I made the purchase of the Creative Cloud for Photography, so no changes in OS have occurred.

I have made no new installs of any software, just working on pictures NYE's, and then went to edit a small change on New Years day, and noted everything stopped working, and claimed my trial period was over.

I only sign in with my Adobe ID and password, and have never received any serial number for installation from the date I purchased the subscription.  I downloaded the files direct from the Cloud App the first time, and they worked fine until yesterday.  Now they both come up with red writing saying "Trial version expired"  and the install/download button now says "Buy" .  If I click the buy button, it diverts to a page saying I already have a subscription and can't purchase it (see image below) If I try download the files direct from Adobe, they want a serial number which I do not have.

The trial screen never popped up, and until yesterday I was of the impression everything was working flawlessly.

I've since deleted Lightroom as I got sick of it not working, and have found I can no longer install it from anywhere without a serial number.  In the cloud app it is greyed out saying "trial period expired" and the Buy option which as above - I can't do as it knows I already have an active subscription.

I only have/had this installed only on this laptop Macbook Pro 15" retina i7 2.6GHz 16gb 1TB SSD with Mac OS X 10.10.2

I have no antivirus software installed on this laptop nor any performance running apps. 

Here are some screen shots that show confirmation of my subscription which is due to expire Nov 2015.  Me logged into the Adobe CC site, and no option to download PS or LR, just to get the trial, or buy.  The last image shows what happens when I try to Buy it again.  If I choose the trial version, it downloads, then is crippled again as the trial is over for LR5, and for PS6 it asks for a serial which I do not have.

Here are some pictures I've grabbed that may help also.Invoice from email confirming subscription.jpgCC logged in - only option to buy or get trial.jpgAttempt to buy download again.jpg

I have made 3 requests for support from the official adobe section - and so far not a single reply...just an automated message to try the forum.

Kind Regards

Rowan

• 8. Re: 1yr subscription to CC for Lightroom5 and Photoshop is in Trial mode, and now says to purchase, despite my the account saying it will expire Nov 2015
                      David__B Adobe Employee

Hi Rowan,

Thank you for the additional info and screen shots. I know these things can be really frustrating to get sorted out.

I looked at your account from my side and can see that you did activate today. Are you still having problems from your side?

Did you have a chance to work all the through this document?

Sign in, activation, or connection errors | CS5.5 and later

Did you confirm your hosts file looked okay?

• When launching Photoshop is there any kind of option at the bottom of the "Trial expired" window with a "License this software" button?
                      • Could you also try signing out and back into the Creative Cloud app (not the website) the application from the menu bar. The sign out option is in the Preferences.

H2sign_out.jpg

Please let me know if you're still having difficulties.

- Dave

• 9. Re: 1yr subscription to CC for Lightroom5 and Photoshop is in Trial mode, and now says to purchase, despite my the account saying it will expire Nov 2015
                        pygothian Level 1

Thanks Dave,

I went though quite a process, but seem to have got it working now.  This is what I did.

1.  Uninstall all Creative cloud programs, deleted LR5 (as the option to uninstall was greyed out), logged out of Creative cloud, then uninstalled

2. Uninstall all adobe software including Acrobat, Shockwave, AIR, Adobe application manager

3. Run CC Cleaner made by Piriform and ensured all reference to Adobe was deleted, including all Cache, passwords, etc

4. Rebooted

5. Opened the HOSTS files and removed anything that mentioned Adobe in there and saved it.

6. Rebooted

7. Opened Finder (similar to windows explorer) to ~/Library/ and looked for anything with Adobe in it, as well as Preference Files and deleted the lot.

8. Went into the Keychain Manager and deleted anything that had anything to do with Adobe or mentioned Lightroom or Photoshop

9. Went to www.adobe.com and searched for the Creative Cloud app, and downloaded that first manually

10. Installed Creative cloud, and signed in with my Apple ID username and password, it then prompted me that I needed Adobe Application Manager which I installed, and it then put me back in trial mode for Lightroom

11. Installed Lightroom 5 via the app, it downloaded, then went back to Trial Mode (30 days remaining).  Downloaded Photoshop CC and it worked fine.

12. Signed out via photoshop which seemed to be working fine, and was warned of  Lightroom and Photoshop would not be able to be used if I logged out.

13. Deleted Lightroom 5 again by dragging the .app to the trash, and cleaned the trash

14. Ran CC Cleaner a second time, and CleanMyMac2 for good measure to ensure any remnant of Lightroom was gone

15. Logged back into Creative Cloud with my Adobe ID and password

16. Clicked Install for Lightroom (which had changed from Buy or Trial like it had always done previously and this time it installed with no Trial or mention of expiry.

17. Used it now about 12hrs and everything seems okay...I will see if in 30 days everything shuts down again.

Cheers!

Rowan