3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 1, 2015 4:54 AM by Willi Adelberger

Middle Eastern Version CS6

i00i

Hi all,

I'm in the process of upgrading my Photoshop CS5 (yeh, i know...) to CS6. I need the Middle Eastern version because some of my designs include Hebrew. My Q is: at this point Adobe lets me choose Arabic-English BUT no Hebrew!! - Is that the same thing since both languages are written RTL? or do I need to search for an only Hebrew version?

Cheers'

Vered

• 1. Re: Middle Eastern Version CS6
          Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

You should upgrade to CC, there is an English version with Hebrew support available. For CS6 you would have to buy a specific ME Version or buy additional plugins for ME support.

• 2. Re: Middle Eastern Version CS6
            i00i Level 1

sounds good. I'll do that. do i need to check it when i upgrade to CC or is it possible to add the Hebrew support later on?

• 3. Re: Middle Eastern Version CS6
              Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

In the CC you can add any language without additional cost and change the platform any time you want.

You have to install the CC.app, in the gear symbol of the program window you find the preferences. In the preferences you can choose your language. You can install first in one language, then in another one. Later, in some applications like Photoshop, Bridge, Acrobat. Lightroom and others, you can choose your language of the app in preferences > UI, other programs like InDesign or Illustrator choose the language based on the OS language, but if other languages offer additional funcitionality like ME support, it is also available in any other language. E.g. I have here German OS, but I have installed Arabic and Hebrew versions (I don't speak these languages, but I get sometimes text to bring in from these language and so I need these functions) and get this functionality. Some function are not translated, probably exists no German expression for it.