1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 1, 2015 1:52 AM by Rick Gerard

Playing and scrubbing isn't playing the same?

Kieth11

So, I was scrubbing, set everything exactly correct, switched to the ram preview, and everything was off by at least a full second because it was playing it too slowly. Is there a way to fix it?

• 1. Re: Playing and scrubbing isn't playing the same?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I take it you are new to AE. Unless your system was not playing back at full rate your RAM preview is at the right speed. You should be able to see the frame rate in the info panel. You can't judge speed by manually dragging the CTI around the time line. It takes a long time to gain the experience necessary to just look at a timeline and know what the playback will look like.

I also don't know what you mean by everything was off by a full second. If you mean the sound was way out of sync or the timing was off compared to the sound track then we have to know everything there is to know about your comp and your system to diagnose that odd problem. I'm guessing it's just inexperience and not understanding the interface that is causing your problems. If you have not already done so please start here: Basic Workflow