Are you working from the 9.0.1 Update of Premiere Elements 9? If not, please download and install the 9.0.1 Update from the following Adobe link (do not do this update with Help Menu/Update of the opened project). On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 9 running?
You can do this update with Premiere Elements 9 closed.
Please define what you mean by ghosted menus....
a. not clear thumbnails in display of choices in the disc menu customization area
b. not clear menus when previewing selected menu theme in the disc menu customization are
c. scenes in scene buttons looking blurry
For now I am equating "ghosting" as not clear. Could you post a screenshot of what you are calling ghosted menus?
Are all the menus affected by this problem or just one or just a few?
And, remember that any of the menus that come under the category of photoshop.com plus members only are no longer
available to you even if you can see the thumbnails for this group of menus.
We will be watching for your follow up.
I am running Windows 7 Professional on a Dell XPS 8600. I've been using Photoshop quite frequently but had not used Premiere Elements for a few months. Elements worked fine the last time I used it and I tried a restore back to when I thought it worked but to no avail. I have reinstalled and run the update but still have the same issue with ghosted menus or menu options.
By ghosted, I mean that when I open a drop down menu (i.e., File, Edit, Clip, Timeline, etc.) the selections are all dim and can't be clicked on.
The exceptions are Help. Also, I can select New or Open under the File menu. If I attempt to open a project that I successfully made with Elements in the past, nothing happens. Here's hoping you can think of a solution. Thanks for your time.
Thanks for the reply. Sorry for mistargeting your menus...my first thought was disc menus and not workspace menus.
The screenshot you present is normal under the File Menu before a new project or existing project is opened. Nothing happening after selecting
existing project needs to be investigated. What happens if you click on new project? Can you open a new project?
Let us rule in or out the usual factors and fixes
1. If you are not already, work from the 9.0.1 Update as described in a prior post in your thread.
2. Deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file or, if necessary, the whole 9.0 folder that the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists.
Local Disk C
and in the 9.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then you delete the whole 9.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the whole path cited.
3. Miscellaneous...determine if problem exists with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled; work with mouse instead of pen and tablet device; be sure to be running the program from a user account with administrative privileges; make sure the latest version of QuickTime is installed on the computer with Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1.
4. If none of the above resolves any of the issues, then it is time for uninstall, free ccleaner run through, and reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.
5. Last resort measure is to create a new user account with administrative privileges and try to install and run the program from there. But lots of ideas
between 3 and 5, so let us take one step at a time.
We will be watching for your results.