3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2015 3:01 PM by A.T. Romano

Random Still on Edit

Darker Times

Hi

Using PE12 for the second time. I have an issue when trimming clips on the time line. When I cut a clip at the point I wish it to finish, a random still from another part of the film, seems to attach itself to the end of my edit. When I try to delete it it won't. Now when I join two clips together, I get a random still picture in the transition/edit.

Can anyone help please.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Random Still on Edit
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Darker

A total unexplained and not what should happening. So, let us explore the details.

1. What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on? Have you updated 12 to 12.1 Update using a opened project's Help Menu/Update? If not, please do so.

2. What are the properties of the video that you have on the Premiere Elements 12 Timeline? Are you making the cut in your video by moving the Timeline Indicator to the place of the cut and then clicking on the scissors icon in the stem of the Timeline Indicator or clicking on Ctrl+K?

3. What is the format of this still that is appearing at the end of the cut - jpg, bmp, or other?

4. Is it possible for you to post what you are seeing in the situations that you have described, especially as it relates to

when trimming clips on the time line. When I cut a clip at the point I wish it to finish, a random still from another part of the film, seems to attach itself to the end of my edit

Now when I join two clips together, I get a random still picture in the transition/edit.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Random Still on Edit
            Darker Times Level 1

Hi and thanks for the reply.

I am using PE12 for Mac and I am using version12.1

It happens when I make a cut on the timeline, using the scissor icon. If I cut, then delete the portion of film that I do not want, a still of the first frame that I have cut and deleted attaches itself to the end of the clip that I want to keep. No matter what I do, I cannot get rid of the last frame. If I try to cut it out, it reappears.

I am using a Panasonic Camcorder that records in AVCHD.

Thanks

Philip

• 3. Re: Random Still on Edit
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Philip

Thanks for the details.

Please try the following, using the right and left arrow keys to move the Timeline Indicator.

(The "it reappears" and "first frame" aspects of what you wrote do not fit the following scenario, but consider it for the moment....)

Assuming clip with segments A B C.

Move the Timeline Indicator, one tap (one frame) at a time in the vicinity of where you are going to make the first cut between A and B.

Stop when you see displayed in the monitor the first frame of B. Cut, Ctrl+K.

Then move the Timeline Indicator to the end of B. Stop when you see displayed in the monitor the first frame of C. Cut, Ctrl+K.

Any solution or same old problem?

If problem persists...

As a first pass at the troubleshooting, let us try deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file.

I am strictly and Elements Windows user, so this is my best second hand information on the location of that file in Mac...

Users/Owner/Libraries/Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Elements/12.0.

Have we established if the problem exists in a new project?

We will be watching for further developments.

Thank you.

ATR