2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2015 11:06 AM by WebColin70

Flash Not Working on IE11 Desktop on Windows Server 2012 R2

WebColin70

I've searched and I think I've read everything already posted on this subject, but all of the solutions I've seen already match my configuration. Yes, I have Desktop Experience installed. Yes I have turned off IE Enhanced Security Configuration. Yes, I can see Shockwave Flash Object under Manage Add-ons and it is enabled. I have tried the manual update from Adobe and it says that it's already installed.

OK, so with all of those basics out of the way, I am at a loss to figure out why it's not working. I don't get any error messages, just no Flash. When I go to YouTube, the player appears as a black box, but no video appears.  When I click on Check Now on the Adobe Flash version checker (at: Flash Player Help), instead of reporting a problem or an old version number, this is what it displays:

Your Flash Version

flashversioninfo

Your browser name

browserInfo

Your Operating System (OS)

OSinfo

What's going on and how do I fix? I assume this is related to it being Windows Server 2012 R2 on IE11, but I don't know that for sure. The same YouTube site works fine on Firefox via HTML5 (I've not installed Flash on Firefox), but that doesn't seem to help in IE.

Thanks,

Colin