1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 1, 2015 12:20 PM by A.T. Romano

does anyone know of troublefree editor that works?

tedkbrown

What I want, is a video capture/editing program that works trouble free; or as close to that as possible.

I've upgraded from Premiere 10 to 12 and many versions prior to those, simply hoping that the next version will resolve my constant issues that involve freezing, glitchy capture problems, interminable "hourglass" (formerly) on the screen while I wait for the program to do.. something...

I've upgraded the program, upgraded computer components, but year after year I seem to get the same results and have teh same probelm with premier.

It's happened again while I am typing. the video just stopped capturing, for no apparent reason, on the other computer that was doing nothing ELSE but capture video on Premiere 12.

I've upgraded computer components. That never helps, or at least never seems to, either.

I still have a program in Premiere that freezes, intermittently won't recognize capture formats its recognized before, stops recording the media on its own (after I've walked away hoping to come back two hours later to edit the successful transfer, only to find out it stopped 10 minutes in.) or tells me there was some error in capturing so doesn't save the transfer but only tells me this the full-two-hours later.

Look, I know I'm not an expert.

But I'm no novice either. I used to edit video for a living.

For home use, I owned and tried using the original Premiere program released in the 90's.

My frustration with Premiere is that I keep expecting these glitches, problems to go away with the next version, then the next...

Any informative, practical support for the product seems to ONLY be this forum, which I've notice usually gets the "poster" even more frustrating responses that put the responsibility on the user to do all the exhaustive system information gathering, which results in a "scattershot" guess from a Responder, which requires the User (Me) to spend an incredible amount of time, have the motivation, not to mention some level of expertise, to go through, all of these proposed steps only to discover they have nothing to do with your problem or be told in some followup response that they didn't do it right. Viewing myself as a "typical" home-consumer user, trying to preserve family videos, I find myself simply walking away; at some point (usually the holidays) tackling it again months later.

When I flip the light switch and the electricity is "down", I am not expected to run tests all the way back to the hydro-plant.

The damned lights are supposed to come on when I flip the switch and they usually do.

I understand entirely that there are differences here.

But meanwhile, video formats continue to change, my family videos recorded on now obsolete formats continue to build up, become unviewable for all practical purposes, there's no quick, relatively easy way to transfer them to the "new format" and this cycle goes on and on.

I shouldn't HAVE to shut down firewalls, or change KEYS, or delete lines of code.

I should not have to go to the exe file to see if THAT works.

I should not have to uninstall, reinstall, then hold my tongue just so while it restarts and hiope for the best.

The program should open, when I open it. The program should record video when I click the "capture" button. It should keep capturing the video until I tell it to stop.(Or the power goes out!)

My question is this: I keep my computers relatively up-to-date, so why can't Adobe or SOMEONE produce a program that works? By "works", I mean, plug in my camera (new or old) into an adapter, capture the video to an "editable" format that can be viewed in whatever the "now" format might be? And do this WITHOUT the forums, hours of frustration, and eventual abandonment of the whole idea that seems to be inhereent in YOUR product for he past decade or more?

Pretty unhappy, as you can guess, with you folks.

If you guys at Adobe cannot do this, give me the name of a company and a product that can do these, what should be, simple tasks.

thanks. Sort of.

Ted K Brown tedkbrown@gmail.com

• 1. Re: does anyone know of troublefree editor that works?
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>If you guys at Adobe

Sorry, this is a user to user forum with the space provided by Adobe... not Adobe support (I can't remember the last time someone from Adobe posted here)

• 2. Re: does anyone know of troublefree editor that works?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Ted K. Brown

This is not Adobe. Rather a user to user forum. The frequency of the Adobe presence in this forum is not defined.

By your own wording, your thread question is

My question is this: I keep my computers relatively up-to-date, so why can't Adobe or SOMEONE produce a program that works? By "works", I mean, plug in my camera (new or old) into an adapter, capture the video to an "editable" format that can be viewed in whatever the "now" format might be? And do this WITHOUT the forums, hours of frustration, and eventual abandonment of the whole idea that seems to be inherent in YOUR product for he past decade or more?

Consequently, this is not a user to user question. Likely not even a question specific to Adobe. However, if your issue is with Adobe and not the whole NLE world, you might consider filing an Adobe Feature Request Bug Report Form.

Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Or trying to contact Adobe direct to take this matter up with Adobe Marketing or the Premiere Elements Project Manager for a given version.

Your list of "should not have to" is not practical if you have problems with a Premiere Elements version(s) in your specific computer environment

and you want/need to get it to work for you. If not, you go to another product (tryout versions first).

I (user of the Premiere Elements versions) will be glad for the opportunity to go the extra mile to help you troubleshoot a specific problem for a specific Premiere Elements version on your specific computer environment. But it will take good two way communication and follow up and abandoning your "should not have to". If you decide to consider the offer, please let us start with the Premiere Elements version involved and the computer operating system on which it is running and the specific issue.

ATR