5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2015 5:57 PM by photo2x

Mac os Yosemite - PS CS5.1 and Bridge  - Nikon d600

msf001

PS says it can't find camera raw , even though it appears to be in plugins - won't update it , not recognizing any files from DNG converter.  Re installed PS but to no avail.

Have PS elements that runs fine but not ideal to edit to jpeg from elements!

Can't find solution to this problem any ideas please?

• 1. Re: Mac os Yosemite - PS CS5.1 and Bridge  - Nikon d600
          R_Kelly Adobe Community Professional

Try the camera raw 6.7 plugin updater for photoshop cs5 from here

Adobe - Photoshop : For Macintosh : Camera Raw 6.7 Update

After you install the update, restart your mac.

• 2. Re: Mac os Yosemite - PS CS5.1 and Bridge  - Nikon d600
            msf001 Level 1

Thanks but I have already tried that and it did not work.

• 3. Re: Mac os Yosemite - PS CS5.1 and Bridge  - Nikon d600
              R_Kelly Adobe Community Professional

Do you get any error message after you download the above updater and run the installer?

• 4. Re: Mac os Yosemite - PS CS5.1 and Bridge  - Nikon d600
                msf001 Level 1

Yes, the error message said that it wasn’t suitable for my system. I have tried quite a few updates and nothing seems to work - the camera raw file is in the correct place according to the Adobe site.

I even installed  photoshop 5.1 but to no avail. I have a photoshop elements on this computer - for my daughter to use - and that has no problems recognising raw files.

Nothing I do seems to rectify the problem.

• 5. Re: Mac os Yosemite - PS CS5.1 and Bridge  - Nikon d600
                  photo2x

After I did a clean install of Yosemite on my Mac the raw files from my Nikon also could not be read from my CS5 apps. I needed the Camera Raw update but, the Camera Raw update wouldn't install.  The installer kept failing.

So, here's what I did.

1. Open one of your CS5 app. I opened my Bridge in this case. Go to help, click Update. After a while it'll show you all the updates you need to install. Take a screenshot of this, write them down or whatever you normally do.

2. Go to Adobe website and download the updates files one by one taking note of the version number it suggests you should have.

3. Make sure all your CS5 apps are closed. This is important. If not, it won't tell you to close them but simply fail.

4. Install the updates one by one. Install Camera Raw update last (maybe not necessarily last, but that's what I did). During install OS X will tell you it won't play with you because the installation file is not certified. Now, proceed at your own risk. Be certain you just downloaded the right update files from Adobe and not some third party site that might have contaminated the files. There's a risk even if you download direct from Adobe because the files are not signed (certified).  I can't guarantee that for you, so proceed at your own risk. To proceed, right click on the installation file and click open to install. If it won't do it, do it again. And again. It installed for me.

All is well that ends well.... thank God.