6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 1, 2015 7:56 PM by A.T. Romano
      • 1. Re: why won't my videos stay rotated in elements 13
        Bill Gehrke Most Valuable Participant

You are in the wrong forum

Premiere Elements forum

• 2. Re: why won't my videos stay rotated in elements 13
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

1 - Moved to the correct forum

2 - From the Premiere Elements Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180
          •You MUST use an account with Administrator Privileges to run Premiere Elements
          •(Doing Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 [says Encore and also for "All" versions of Premiere] will sometimes fix "odd" errors)
          •What version of Premiere Elements? Include the minor version number (e.g., Premiere Elements 12 with the 12.1 update)
          •What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.9.4"---not just "Mac"
          •Has this ever worked before?  If so, do you recall any changes you made to Premiere Elements, such as adding Plug-ins, brushes, etc.?  Did you make any changes to your system, such as updating hardware, printers or drivers; or installing/uninstalling any programs?
          •Have you installed any recent program or OS updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)
          •What kind(s) of image file(s)? When talking about camera raw files, include the model of camera.
          •If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?
          •What were you doing when the problem occurred?
          •What other software are you running?
          •Tell us about your computer hardware. How much RAM is installed?  How much free space is on your system (C:) drive?
          •How many and what speed are your hard drive(s)... ie 5400rpm or 7200rpm or?
          And some other questions...
          •What are you editing, and does your video have an orange line over it BEFORE you do any work?
          •Which version of Quicktime do you have installed?

•What is your exact brand/model graphics adapter (ATI or nVidia or ???)
          •What is your exact graphics adapter driver version?
          •Have you gone to the vendor web site to check for a newer driver?
          •For Windows, do NOT rely on Windows Update to have current driver information
          •-you need to go direct to the vendor web site and check updates for yourself
          •nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
          •ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

• 3. Re: why won't my videos stay rotated in elements 13
            zwdb08wdb Level 1

About placing this in the wrong forum . First when you search forums there is none for elements premier 13, second... it is extremily difficult to verify or see that your post was posted.  Now with my issue...its elements premier 13,  my OS is windows 8 , ive added or updated nothing...i am using the harddrive on my laptop, unsure how a hard drive can effect video files rotating when cteating into a quick movie or story line?  It only rotates video clips that i rotated to an upright position and then when done saved the project ..then reopened it rendered it, and tried to make a quick movie,  all in the editor....and the clips i previously rotated were now crooked once the quick movie was made...I am not sure what admin rights has to do with anything, and in windows 8, is a real pain in the rear...i am also not sure why you as the purchaser of  a pc /laptop that there would be a question of who the administrator is? When that should be presumed and extra users should be what you have to set up..guess windows/Microsoft is trying to tell us we need to have an IT person on stand bye to deal with their hunks of junk called windows 8,...such a shame we have to ti deal with this crud...now back to my premier 13 issues...its a shame, pittiful and appalling that even way back to premier 8 there has been issues, with sound pkayback and recording when creating movies from variable bit codecs like from cell phones, which by todays standards are a huge portion of the market...its a shame one has to go outside the Adobe environent and to a third party software company to convert the files to a usable codec before sound can be played back or made into a video...i think before adobe panders to oeople seeking more features , questonanle if they will even work or not...like transistions, and menus they should work on correcting known issues like playback audio....i had an old program called video explosion worked circles around premier for same price , thats crazy to me....i spent my hard earned money on this , then hours and hours of time just to get excited to finish my movie , and have of it is sideways....there should be away once clips are rotated they can be locked into place...all these companies are just about $$$ , while selong products that cant even keep up with stuff 10 years old...all the while wanting to charge for support....other than these chat groups...which are nice, confising as heck with which group to be on or if your comments went through... adobe if they were really interested in correcting these issues and supporting people they should look at these discusion groups...and correct these issues that have been known since premier 8 ....and cell phone video is not going anywhere ...i do love lightroom they seem to be getting that right, still much room to improve but definatly going in the right direction....now im through venting just wished this junk would work....i wanted so bad to like premier 13, i guess the message adobe like microsoft is sending is if you want a program that works you have to pay a small fortune then require relicensing it to make the company billions while leaving us with products that are severally lacking...and require third party software, or to go apple and spend a ton more to convert...yes america has become a commerce nation of inferior products ..where is our pride in what we make????

• 4. Re: why won't my videos stay rotated in elements 13
              A.T. Romano Level 7

zwdb08wdb

More details please.

Where are you - in the Premiere Elements 13 Editor Expert or Quick workspace or in the Elements Organizer 13 workspace or its slideshow feature (Slideshow Builder)?

What is the orientation of the video at its saved hard drive location before import into wherever in the program?

What are the properties of this video, and what is the brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded it?

Or are you using the rotation feature of the Premiere Elements 13 Editor and cannot get the set rotation to hold?

ATR

• 5. Re: why won't my videos stay rotated in elements 13
                A.T. Romano Level 7

zwdb08wdb

I did not see your detailed reply (post numbered 3) until I had replied to your original posting. Let me read through your details, and I will give you an opinion.

To be continued...

ATR

• 6. Re: why won't my videos stay rotated in elements 13
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

zwdb08wdb

Cutting to the issue details...

From what I have excerpted from your post

a. you import video into your Premiere Elements 13 project - for now I will assume that you are working in the Expert workspace

b. you change the orientation of the video clip, presumably with the program's Rotation Tool

c. you export that edited Timeline as a QuickTime file, presumably with Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTime.

Details of the what is will resolve this. And, both QuickTime and Premiere Elements on your computer do work with a

User Account with Administrative Privileges to access certain files in certain processes going on in the use of the programs.

That is the way it is.

Here are the questions that we need answers for

1. What project preset did you (manually) or the project (automatically) set to match the properties of the source video?

(If you do not know, see Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and tell us what you see for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and

Pixel Aspect Ratio - even if the fields look grayed out.)

2. What are the properties of the source video (often the brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded the video is the easiest way to come

by that information)?

3. How are you rotating the video on the Timeline...

a. Right clicking the video, selecting Rotate 90 Right or Rotate 90 Left or highlight the video and going to Applied Effects Tab/Applied

Effects Palette/Motion Panel expanded and the Rotation feature there?

4. When you go to export the Timeline content, what are your specific export settings  beyond Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTime?

What are you selecting as the preset? Are you using default preset settings or are you customizing the preset under its

Advanced Button/Video Tab? What is your player?

Answers to the above will get us to where we want to go to get your project taken to a successful completion so that you can move

on.

Thank you if you wish to continue, focusing on troubleshooting details.

ATR