4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2015 6:24 PM by A.T. Romano

Where did "Render and Replace" in Premiere Elements 13 go?

smu johnson

Hi,

I read in a post from 2008 that said an easy way to export a .WAV file from a single Clip so that you could edit it in another program could be done using "Render and Replace".  They suggested:  Clip -> Audio Options -> Render and Replace.  But my only option in that menu is "Audio Gain...".

This is incredibly frustrating.  I sincerely hope I didn't waste my money on a purposely crippled version of Elements that took features away from older versions of the same software.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

audio-opts.png

• 1. Re: Where did "Render and Replace" in Premiere Elements 13 go?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

smu johnson

You wrote

I read in a post from 2008 that said an easy way to export a .WAV file from a single Clip so that you could edit it in another program could be done using "Render and Replace".  They suggested:  Clip -> Audio Options -> Render and Replace.

From your screenshot, you appear to be working with Premiere Elements 13.

You do not read a 2008 post to get information about Premiere Elements 13, a version released in September, 2014. I say that not to be judgmental but to help you in the selection of your learning tools.  Features vary from version to version of Premiere Elements, and Premiere Elements does not have all the features of Premiere Pro.

With regard to the matter that you raise, that is, Clip Menu/Audio Options/Render and replace. That option has not been in Premiere Elements since version 9.0/9.0.1. So, you are not going to find that option in versions 10, 11, 12, or 13 (the latest version).

If you want to work with and learn Premiere Elements 13, I would be glad to help you. Some information specific to version 13 that may be of interest

Removed features and unsupported file formats | Adobe Premiere Elements 13

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: Premiere Elements 13 First Look Details

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: Premiere Elements 13 Daily Discoveries

Have you tried to work through the Expert Guided or Quick Guided tutorials that come with the program's workspaces?

Please review and consider.

ATR

• 2. Re: Where did "Render and Replace" in Premiere Elements 13 go?
            smu johnson Level 1

ATR,

This will be my last post on the forum.  I wanted to reply to a few of your points directly though because I do appreciate you responding to my questions and figured it was worth it for the next person in my shoes who sees this.  Your text is in bold.

"You do not read a 2008 post to get information about Premiere Elements 13, a version released in September, 2014."

You do if you actually need the feature and use these forums to find answers.  While I agree with the message, it still doesn't address the pink elephant in the room that Adobe is crippling their image / picture editing software.

"That option has not been in Premiere Elements since version 9.0/9.0.1. So, you are not going to find that option in versions 10, 11, 12, or 13 (the latest version)."

I realize you don't work for Adobe, but I am still glad you told it to me straight up.  In the unlikely event that someone from Adobe is actually reading this, congratulations: You will never see another dime for me again, and likely not from anyone reading this either.  This is the first product I have ever decided to buy from you and it most certainly will be the last.

But, back to ATR: you mentioned that maybe 10 minutes might be too hasty to make a decision about a program.  To be honest, I think that was too much time.  If Adobe has removed the functionality to do a simple brain dead obvious feature that was once present in previous versions, then they should be ashamed to even call Adobe Premiere Elements 13 a video editor.

The next task:  seeking a refund for this piece of crap.  To anyone reading this:  try the online trials first.  What a mistake buying this was.  It's like buying one of those blue-and-yellow toy cartoon dictaphones with a keyboard for your kids and trying to pass it off as a real computer.

• 3. Re: Where did "Render and Replace" in Premiere Elements 13 go?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

smu johnson

Please see your other thread for suggested Adobe refund information that I put together for you.

Again, I wish you the best in your video editing decisions and offer my assistance if and when you ever

decide to revisit Premiere Elements again as your video editor. Although I think I hear the message "never",

the offer still holds.

Best wishes for the New Year and always.

ATR

• 4. Re: Where did "Render and Replace" in Premiere Elements 13 go?
                smu johnson Level 1

Hi ATR,

Thanks for the reply once again.  I'm actually stuck with the software, as Staples doesn't have a decent return policy for computer software, despite this program being license based.

So, I would like to take advantage of your offer to help.

The question still remains:  Is it possible to save a Clip's audio segment as a .WAV.  The feature I want is missing, which seems to do it in one click.  I'm hoping the next best way isn't starting a fake project just so you can put the clip there, and Export it in some .WAV format along with the video.  That seems highly convoluted for such a simple task.

The reason is because I want to edit a clip's sound file in Goldwave, and then when I'm done, the Clip in Premiere can just use the saved Goldwave changes.  Since I've adjusted where in the clip the sound and video start in Premiere, it would seem tedious to have to load up the entire source file and try and find an approximation as to the part where I want it to be by hand, which probably wouldn't be a 100% accurate and might lead to out-of-sync issues with the video.

If you don't think it can be done, perhaps there is a forum or email I could use to contact Adobe to just ask them kindly to bring back this feature?  Maybe I might get lucky.

Appreciated.

• 5. Re: Where did "Render and Replace" in Premiere Elements 13 go?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

smu johnson

Thanks for the reply.

I think that I have good news for you.

From what you wrote, you have a clip on the Timeline with video and audio components. For the moment we will assume that you have just

that clip on the Timeline.

Go to Publish+Share/Computer/Audio and set Presets = Windows Waveform. That will export just the audio as a .wav file to the computer

hard drive space of your choice. You can re-import the .wav version into your project with the program's Add Media/Files and Folders.

If you had a bunch of clips on the Timeline and wanted to get a wav version of the audio from a particular file....the position the gray tabs of

the Work Area Bar to span just the area of that particular clip and then Publish+Share/Computer/Audio with Presets = Windows Waveform

BUT you need a check mark next to "Share Work Area Bar Only" in the export settings.

Supplemental information if you have a Timeline with more than one clip on it....

Work Area Bar Gray Tab Placement

WorkAreaBar.JPG

Shortcuts are the easiest way to place those gray tabs to span the area of the segment for export.

Move the Timeline Indicator to the start of the segment and, as you hold down the Alt key of the computer

main keyboard, press the left bracket key [    Move the Timeline Indicator to the end of the segment and, as

you hold down the Alt key of the computer main keyboard, press the right bracket key ]

And do not forget the other requirement for this situation with more than one clip on the Timeline....in the

export area, check mark next to Share Work Area Bar Only.

Please give it a try and let us know the results when you have time.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On....There is an Adobe Feature Request Bug Report Form which you could file. But you are not likely

to get an individual reply. If any change, you might see it in the next version which you would purchase.

Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form