4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2015 3:11 PM by Rick Gerard

Missing Effect Presets

djsegler Level 1

Updated to AE CC 2014 (13.1)...

Have Video Copilot presets placed here:

/Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2014/Presets/

No matter what I do, it seems that AE is ignoring the Video Copilot folder I've copied there.

What's the deal?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Missing Effect Presets
          djsegler Level 1

FYI - just updated to 13.2 and it didn't make a difference.

• 2. Re: Missing Effect Presets
            Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't understand what's happening. What is in this VideoCopilot presets folder you're trying to copy over? How is AE ignoring it?

Is it models that you want to show up inside the Element setup window? Is it animation presets?

• 3. Re: Missing Effect Presets
              djsegler Level 1

3rd party presets don't appear when I paste them into the presets folder.

They are effect presets (ffx) files. Plugins appear to be recognized, but not presets.

• 4. Re: Missing Effect Presets
                Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Where are you looking for these presets when they're not appearing?

What happens if you create your own animation preset?

• 5. Re: Missing Effect Presets
                  djsegler Level 1

With previous versions, the Video Copilot presets that are always copied to

the Presets folder appear under Effects and have worked perfectly.

With the latest CC2014 version, none of those Presets that I copy to that

folder ever show up.

• 6. Re: Missing Effect Presets
                    Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Try looking for them in the Effects and Presets panel. If that doesn't work then create a separate folder called VCP and put the presets there. If that does not work create your own user preset for some effect and save it in a new folder using AE;'s default custom preset's path. If that still doesn't work then please show us some screenshots. I have more than 200 custom presets that show up in the Effects and Presets panel on all versions of AE. I keep them synced using an alias and storing the presets in my dropbox.

If you are trying to find the Effects Presets in the Effects Control Panel then you must have that feature turned on in CC or CC 2014. If that is how you are trying to access the presets then you should carefully the Video Copilot  installation instructions.

Screen Shot 2015-01-02 at 3.11.16 PM.png