• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe AIR Settings Manager

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2015 Jan 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe AIR Settings Manager is currently downloading as a ZIP file which does not work; it previously downloaded as an INSTALLER PACKAGE which did work.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2015 Jan 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So something interesting here.  I used IE 11 to download the settingsmanager.air and it gave me a zip file with no exe of any kind.  When I used Firefox v45.2,  I get prompted to install the package with an option to create a shortcut on my desktop. 

I don't know if this will fix your challenge but it's one thing to look at if you're not getting the results you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to AIR Installation Issues​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

You might find this link helpful Internet Explorer Changes Packaged Workbooks to Zip Files During Download | Tableau Software

Also, changing the extention of the downloaded file from .zip to .air works for me.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Divya_1993,  that definitely helps when I'm forced to use IE 11.  I'm a Firefox fan myself but I don't always have that luxury at work.    Cheers, Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Edward,

http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/applications/SettingsManager/SettingsManager.air The link works fine for me. Please try downloading from a different browser and check.

Regards,

Divya Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I get a "Sorry, an error has occurred.

The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author."

I get the same downloading from Firefox or Chrome with a .air extension or from IE with a .zip extension and changing it to .air.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines