2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2015 2:51 PM by A.T. Romano

When burning a DVD from Elements 13, it freezes at 90%

Jerry Jarrett

when burning a DVD in elements 13, it freezes at 90% and locks up elements until I cancel burn.

• 1. Re: When burning a DVD from Elements 13, it freezes at 90%
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

This almost always indicates a problem interfacing with your disc drive's drivers.

Can you select the option to burn to a folder on your hard drive and get a clean burn? If so, the easy workaround is to use a program (like the great free program ImgBurn, which I recommend in my books) to burn the VIDEO_TS folder from the folder the program creates to a disc.

This takes no more time than burning directly, and there are a number of advantages to doing it this way.

• 2. Re: When burning a DVD from Elements 13, it freezes at 90%
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Jerry Jarrett

If you wish to pursue your question about burn to disc, then I would be glad for the opportunity to be of assistance.

The following would be my troubleshooting strategy and questions

1. What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running on?

2. Have you looked at the issue with and without the Intel HD Graphics 2000 and Higher preferences disabled

(See Edit Menu/Preferences/General)?

3. Where are you in Publish+Share/Disc/, DVD, AVCHD, or Blu-ray? And, what does the burn dialog's Quality Area

show for Space Required and Bitrate? What brand/type/capacity disc are you using?

4. Is the issue specific to one Timeline in one project? Or, is the problem there with another Timeline content and another

project.

I would prefer to see you sort out the burn to disc issue if possible because of the download problems associated with the 3rd party software

that is typically needed to obtain the disc product from the Premiere Elements VIDEO_TS, BDMV, or ISO Image. Excellent 3rd party software if you

can get it installed without a lot of companion garbage. Although how to have been described for the safest possible download and install, there

are no guarantees that you will not be hit with a lot of computer cleanup just to get one excellent program.

ATR