3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2015 10:11 AM by A.T. Romano

deactivate in premiere elements 13

jiver40

Is it possible to deactivate my licence and uninstall  Adobe Premiere Elements 13 on my PC where it is installed, and then re-install the programme with the same licence key I have on my laptop.

• 1. Re: deactivate in premiere elements 13
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jiver40

If you have Premiere Elements 13 installed and activated on your Windows computer, you should be able to go to an opened project's Help Menu/Sign Out. That Sign Out is the Deactivation. Deactivation is not the same as Uninstall. So, if want to get that program off your computer altogether, then you uninstall it using the usual Control Panel way.

However, I am not seeing the rationale behind what you are doing. But, I am sure you must have a reason. Are we talking about Windows programs computers or a Window and Mac situation?

Just make sure that you do not have the same purchased activated serial number on more than 2 of your computers and that you are not using the 2 at the same time.

Please review and consider. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: deactivate in premiere elements 13
            jiver40 Level 1

Hi thanks for the quick reply, maybe I should try and explain more of what I am trying to achive. I recently purchased Adobe Premiere Elements 13 and installed it on my Windows 8.1 PC computer, in hindsight I wish I had tried the trial version first because what's happening is when I play back a video clip on the timeline even after rendering the playback is very jerky which makes it very difficult to edit my holiday films. Not sure if my PC is up to spec or not I have a AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 4200+ with a Nvidia Geforce 7300 LE graphics card, I recently upgraded the RAM memory hoping that would improve the jerky playback issue, but it didn't. So My thoughts are that my PC is not up to spec for Prem13. I really don't want to upgrade my PC anymore it may be better to wait for the new Windows 10 operating system to be released and then buy a new computer with a faster processor and new graphics card. So what I am trying to do is uninstall the Prem 13 from my PC and do a complete new install on my Sony Vaio laptop which has a Intel i7 processor and a more modern graphics card. It already has Prem and Photoshop ver 9 pre-installed when I bought the laptop from new, and I know Premiere 9 works fine on my laptop. I am not trying to have Prem 13 on two machines with only one licence, I only want to use Prem 13 on my laptop now. So I asked the question do I have to deactivate first on my Windows 8.1 PC and then completely uninstall before I do a new installation on my laptop which I am hoping it will work ok. I want to make sure I can still use my Adobe Prem 13 licence and serial number on the new Laptop installation.

Thank You

JHH

• 3. Re: deactivate in premiere elements 13
              A.T. Romano Level 7

jiver40

Thanks for the reply.

How did you install Premiere Elements 13 on the Windows 8.1 Windows computer - installation disc or installation disc? Be that as it may,

you should be able to leave Premiere Elements 13 as is on Windows 8.1 Windows computer, and use the Premiere Elements 13 Windows installation files or disc and 13's serial number on the laptop which already has Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1. You need not do anything to 9.0/9.0.1 which is already installed on the laptop. The Adobe guideline seems to be - use one Premiere Elements program at a time on that same computer.

This is not Adobe. Rather a user to user forum. But, the above information should achieve your stated purpose.

Please review and then let us know the outcome.

Best wishes

ATR