2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2015 5:46 PM by gener7

PS CS6 stand alone  won't open images

samrul1

Using new Win8.1 laptop that recently have displayed Sony Raw images.Using PS CS6 stand alone which does nothing when asked to update. Adobe asked for ID verification which I did but didn't help. Same problem with Bridge.

• 1. Re: PS CS6 stand alone  won't open images
          gener7 Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Can you open jpegs, tiffs, and other image files using File > Open?

When did you start having this problem with raw images?

Can you open your Sony raws in Bridge?

What model Sony Camera do you have and what version of Adobe Camera Raw.

Gene

• 2. Re: PS CS6 stand alone  won't open images
            samrul1 Level 1

Can open jpgs.

Problem started today but haven't tested PS  for about a week.

Bridge nor PS would open the Sony raws or visibly show the images. (but jpgs ok,  haven't tried tiffs).

Sony RX10 and A7S models.

I have had real problems deactivating PS6 on old laptop and installing on new laptop about 1 month ago.

I can't remember how to set or view the file configurations.

I'll also had am still am having problems with installing nik filters again. My desktop with Win7 has no problems.

• 3. Re: PS CS6 stand alone  won't open images
              samrul1 Level 1

Also when I try to open updates in Bridge or PS I get in an endless loop that I can only stop the update search by control/alt/delete or shutting down.

• 4. Re: PS CS6 stand alone  won't open images
                gener7 Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The forums are acting strange, so first let's reboot your PC. Log in as Administrator.

Uninstall Photoshop CS6 from the Control Panel, and checkmark Remove Preferences.

Then to be sure, download and run the cleaner tool so we don't have any remnants interfering with your reinstall.

Use the CC Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems | CC, CS3-CS6

Look through the instructions before running the Tool and when you are comfortable with it, run the Cleaner.

Reinstall. If you don't trust your discs (sometimes they go bad) download the Photoshop CS6 installer here.

Download CS6 products and have your serial number ready. If this is an upgrade, the serial from a qualifying product CS4 or CS5 will be needed.

I would also ask you to turn off any Anti-virus programs before installing, but you may wish to disconnect from the Internet before you do that. That's up to you.

That should remove all doubt.

Gene