• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to avoid "App requires Adobe Flash." error message when Adobe Flash is already installed??!!

Jan 02, 2015 Jan 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my new Lenovo Yoga 3 PC laptop I am trying to install Kayak and Pandora apps but once these apps are downloaded, whenever I try to open them, an error message pops up saying: ADOBE FLASH REQUIRED. The Kayak (or Pandora) app requires Adobe Flash. Installation is free.  "Install" or "Not Now".

I have installed Adobe Flash 10 times and rebooted etc. but I still cannot use those apps because of this error message.

This is driving me crazy.

I have checked to confirm that the newest version of Adobe Flash IS installed and working on my computer.

What can I do?????

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typically when software applications are using an embedded browser window that wants Flash, they're looking for the ActiveX version used in Internet Explorer.  If you've been installing Flash Player for Firefox, that's not going to help.

Fire up Internet Explorer, go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer and follow the prompts.  This should resolve the issue for you.

If you're already using Internet Explorer on a Windows 8 or higher machine, then Flash Player is already a built-in component of IE.  The problems you're running into may be specific to the intersection of those websites and Internet Explorer 11.  (IE11 makes a bunch of changes to how the browser is identified, which may ultimately cause the sites to fail to detect Flash.)  In that instance, the easiest workaround is probably to just use Google Chrome - http://www.google.com/chrome/ while we wait for the world to adjust to Internet Explorer's new approach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2015 Jan 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello!  I have the very   same issue.   The correct version of flash is installed on IE,  BUT when opening the PC app, I get this same message.  I too  have

Installed the  Flash app multiple times

Uninstalled the apps, Rebooted, and REinstalled the  apps (pandora, pinterest)

I don't think it's the browser that is the issue here... but the App itself which should run without the browser open...yes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines