8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2016 12:07 PM by Ann Bens

Shake Stabilizer shows failed

13GabbyDog

I am having issue with using Shake Stabilizer.  After it goes through the project, it shows "Stabilization Failed".  I have tried different clips of varying length, but all show the same message.  I am using Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 7 Pro 32bit machine.

• 1. Re: Shake Stabilizer shows failed
          A.T. Romano Level 7

13gabbydog

One of the liabilities of the Premiere Elements 13 Shake Stabilizer is its high computer resource demands.

Your Premiere Elements 13 is working at a disadvantage on Windows 7 32 bit because under that condition it is

only a 32 bit application running in a 32 bit system with all the limitations of a 32 bit system, for example, max supported

installed RAM = 4 GB of which typically 3 GB or less are available.

So, let us get down to a description of your computer resources - installed and available RAM as well as free hard

drive space - processor, clock speed?

Please confirm that the failure message is not one where the feature is telling you that the file format is not

consistent with the project settings and consequently the feature will not stabilize the file until it is.

Please review and consider and then we can discuss this further.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...Premiere Elements 13 Windows will be a 64 bit application if it is installed on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

• 2. Re: Shake Stabilizer shows failed
            13GabbyDog Level 1

Thanks for your reply, the system has 4GB of Ram installed with 3.5GB showing as usable, Intel Core 2 Quad core CPU 2.34Ghz.  29GB free on the Hard drive.

I am new to Premiere Elements so not sure how to tell about the Failure message.  I shows up as a red band across the preview area of the Video file and the words are across the red band saying "Stabilization Failed", I could not find where I could find more information about this message.  Screenshot below:Capture.JPG

• 3. Re: Shake Stabilizer shows failed
              A.T. Romano Level 7

13gabbydog

Thanks for the screenshot presenting with the stabilization failed message.

That is not one of those message that you get when there is a mismatch between video properties and project preset

for the video clip that you want to stabilize.

How much camera shake is involved in the clips that you have been trying to stabilize with the Shake Stabilizer?

Are all these clips of the same format and the same degree of camera shake?

What are you selecting for the Shake Stabilizer at the onset - Quick or Detailed? Have you gotten failures with both?

We will be watching for further developments in the morning.

ATR

• 4. Re: Shake Stabilizer shows failed
                A.T. Romano Level 7

13gabbydog

Add On...If you have not already, please review the Adobe document on the Premiere Elements 13 Shake Stabilizer, especially the Adobe recommendations for use toward the end of the document.

Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Stabilize video footage with Shake Stabilizer

More later.

ATR

• 5. Re: Shake Stabilizer shows failed
                  13GabbyDog Level 1

There is quite a bit of camera shake in the videos, I have tried several different videos and they have all failed.  I tried quick first on most, but have created new project and tested with detailed first also.  I have found that Stabiliztion fails on all the videos I have tried that were shot on a point and shoot camera that shoots VGA 640x480.  I have tried creating new project and Publish and share the video to export it in a different format, but still get the stabilization failed when trying to open the exported video in a new project.  Any suggestions on exporting the clip to the correct format would be appreciated.

• 6. Re: Shake Stabilizer shows failed
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

13gabbydog

Thanks for the follow up. Sorry that the news was not better. Great job of follow through on the troubleshooting.

I am thinking that your

29GB free on the Hard drive.

and its impact on computer resources may be the factor or one of the factors in these Shake Stabilizer issues.

Can you free up more free hard drive space? Maybe do a ccleaner run through, just the cleaner part.

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Looking for free hard drive space of 100 GB or as much as possible. What is your drive situation with regard to free

hard drive space (internal and external).

And, as I mentioned previously

Your Premiere Elements 13 is working at a disadvantage on Windows 7 32 bit because under that condition it is

only a 32 bit application running in a 32 bit system with all the limitations of a 32 bit system, for example, max supported

installed RAM = 4 GB of which typically 3 GB or less are available.

Please remind me what the duration is for one of these video clips that will not go through the Shake Stabilizer process

successfully.

We will talk about videos with other formats next. I am think .wmv file (Publish+Share/Computer/Windows Media/)

ATR

• 7. Re: Shake Stabilizer shows failed
                      connorl46173998

I am having the same problem as the same message keeps coming up "stabilization failed" please help!

• 8. Re: Shake Stabilizer shows failed
                        Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Stabilizer can do wonders it cannot do miracles.

Too much shade makes the effect fail.

Can you upload a clip to test?