2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2015 4:10 AM by laszlosomogyi

RAM preview crash when Time Remapping applied

laszlosomogyi

Dear All,

I've recently upgraded from CS6 to CC 2014. Unfortunately I'm experiencing a strange problem and I couldn't find an answer yet.

Whenever I Time Remap a footage (Canon 7D, H.264, MOV, straight out from the camera) and try to RAM Preview, AE crashes.

There is nothing in the Comp, no effects, only 1 video with just the Time Remapping applied.

My system is:

Mac OS 10.8.5

3.4 Ghz

32Gb RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB

After Effects CC 13.2

Any thoughts and help are much appreciated!

Many thanks,

Laszlo

• 1. Re: RAM preview crash when Time Remapping applied
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Try transcoding your footage to a JPEG or PNG format quicktime or convert it to an image sequence using the AME, then try time remapping on the production format footage. I'm having no problems with Canon video on Mavericks and CC, and if time remapping worked before then you need to let us know what has changed on your system since the last time it worked.

• 2. Re: RAM preview crash when Time Remapping applied
            laszlosomogyi Level 1

Hi Rick,

Thank you for your reply. I don't really want to transcode the footage because it takes time and I never had to do that in order to edit it in AE.

I did a test with the same footage, same settings etc. on my laptop which is on Mavericks and it did work. So I'm thinking it must be the combination of Mountain Lion and After Effects 13.2. Very strange.

Probably time to upgrade the OS.

Thanks again for your time!

All the best,

Laszlo