3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2015 10:08 AM by Ann Bens

Accessing the video lessons that come on disc with "Classroom in a Book" for Premiere Pro CC

ChrisKilroy

I have purchased the book "Classroom in a Book" for Premiere Pro CC but am struggling to access the Lessons that come on the accompanying DVD.

I have copied the contents of the DVD to my hard drive.

My PC runs on Windows 7

There is nothing in the book to say so but it seems that the video lessons can only be accessed with Firefox.

I have downloaded Firefox this morning.

I insert the DVD which does not autoplay.

It boots up Lightroom instead.

I go to 'Computer' open the DVD drive with a right click.

The 'Start Autoplay' takes me to Lightroom.

I cannot not find a file on the DVD 'autostart.exe' or similar.

The book does not lead a beginner through the above issue.

How do I access the lessons?

Chris Kilroy

• 1. Re: Accessing the video lessons that come on disc with "Classroom in a Book" for Premiere Pro CC
          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Firefox is an internet browser. You cannot use that with a dvd.

The dvd contains project files and assets to go with them.

Dont think there is an auto play, you access the files with Windows Explorer.

Might want to read the book a bit more. It should tell you how to use the files.

In order to use the dvd and Premiere you do need some pc knowledge.

I have copied the contents of the DVD to my hard drive.

Double click on that folder on the hard drive (not the dvd player). That should give you the files.

• 2. Re: Accessing the video lessons that come on disc with "Classroom in a Book" for Premiere Pro CC
            ChrisKilroy Level 1

Dear Ann,

Thank you for your comments.

My reading of the Book was that the Lessons were video tutorials.

Are they just the bits and pieces to use as you work through the Lessons?

I have copied the contents of the DVD to my PC.  Yesterday the lesson files within each lesson folder had the pinkish PP logo today they have the greenish AU logo for Audition which I have on my PC but have not yet opened.

The folder for Lessons has the lesson files from 01 to 18.

If I click on say lesson 02 this boots up Audition.

In Audition there is a dialogue box showing ‘Lesson 02.proproj.  It is preceded by a red circle with a white cross.  The ‘details’ below the warning say “The byte stream type of the given URL is unsupported.  I click ‘OK’ and nothing comes up.

I did a ‘Chat’ with Adobe but they just re-directed me to Forums and Support.

I went to the webpage for the publisher Peachpit and followed a lead about FAQ.

It was at the bottom of a page dealing with the Learn by Video Book.

http://www.peachpit.com/store/adobe-premiere-pro-cc-learn-by-video-2014-release-9780133928 389

It led to:

http://www.peachpit.com/promotions/learn-by-video-faq-139397

The relevant section is repeated below:

“How do I launch the video in Windows?

This DVD-ROM can be viewed in your computer using the Firefox web browser version 22 (or later) running in Windows Vista (or later), but it will NOT work in DVD player software or in a DVD set-top player. Pop-ups must be enabled for this disc in order for it to run (instructions below).

If you try to use a different browser (including Internet Explorer), the program will not run and you will be instructed to install a different browser.

To launch the course if AutoPlay is enabled:

1. Insert the DVD into your computer’s DVD drive.
            2. If the AutoPlay window (shown) is displayed, click "Run autostart.exe" to begin the course.

To launch the course if AutoPlay is turned off:

1. Insert the DVD into your computer’s DVD drive.
            2. Close the AutoPlay window, if it appears.
            3. Go to Start > Computer, and in the menu that appears right-click on your DVD-ROM drive.
            4. Click Open to display the contents of the disc.
            5. Double-click the file named autostart.exe to launch the course”

Assuming that the penny has dropped and that I can stop searching for what I shall never find, when I click on a Lesson should all I expect is for that to boot up PR?

I think that I should now remove the Lessons and copy it onto the PC again?

Regards

Chris Kilroy

• 3. Re: Accessing the video lessons that come on disc with "Classroom in a Book" for Premiere Pro CC
              Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The relevant section you are referring to is from LEARN By VIDEO and not Classroom in a Book. They are two different things. The first mentioned are indeed video tutorials. Classroom in a book is a learning book accompanied with a dvd with project files and assets for you to use.

So back to the book.

There are three sections you need to read:

Copying the lesson files

Relinking the lesson files

How to use these lessons.