4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2015 4:04 PM by KBamonte

Any explanation for frequent crashes on PP CC 2014 and Windows 7 pro?

jessvecc Level 1

I've had many problems with crashes using PPCC 2014. I originally downloaded it this summer and it was impossible to work with so I quickly went back to CS6. I've tried it again lately, thinking that maybe some updates could have solved the crash problems.

If my timeline is pretty straightforward and doesn't include 3rd party effects, it seems to be smooth, but I don't think we're fully compatible with many frequently used 3rd party packages...specifically New Blue Transitions.

Has anyone else been having problems with those transitions?

I don't know what I'm going to do. I hope CS6 continues to be supported because I don't think I can realistically switch all my projects to PPCC 2014. It's just too unstable.

My specs:

Windows 7 Pro (64bit)

i7 950 @ 3.07GHz

24 GB ram

Nvidia Quadro 4000

Third party software:

New Blue transitions and video effects

Pro Dad, stabilizer, transitions and video effects

Magic Bullet Looks, Mojo, Universe

Would love to hear from others about any like problems, or be steered to the right thread.

Thanks so much.

Jessica

• 1. Re: Any explanation for frequent crashes on PP CC 2014 and Windows 7 pro?
          Peferling Level 4

I see no need to worry about leaving CS6 just yet.  I tend to be old school, keeping older systems in a stable state and living without upgrades.  Work gets done.  I have a few new systems and CC2014.2 is working well.  However, I don't use third party plugins and the PC hardware has more than made up for the lack of dedicated third party hardware.  Its that good.  It depends on your perspective and frame of reference, (I remember my video toaster days, and dealing with avid and canopus- no thanks, don't want to repeat those days -all useless relics rusting in the junkyard).

• 2. Re: Any explanation for frequent crashes on PP CC 2014 and Windows 7 pro?
            jessvecc Level 1

yeah, I guess I'll just soldier on with CS6......and check out the major updates.....

Thanks Peferling!

• 3. Re: Any explanation for frequent crashes on PP CC 2014 and Windows 7 pro?
              Peferling Level 4

I know where you're coming from, and even in today's fast paced technology, this is one old habit that still works.  I've walked into studios that could easily pass as museums and they still produce.

When you're current system comes due and it's time to buy another, then start fresh with the latest and be open to accept whatever that is.  In the meantime, get some ROI on what you have.

• 4. Re: Any explanation for frequent crashes on PP CC 2014 and Windows 7 pro?
                KBamonte Level 1

I was getting this same error/crash - it started right after I did the most recent update about 3 days ago

since then I can export to media and it randomly crashes while using the program

(windows 7, 8gb, laptop, i7, 2.00ghz, premiere pro cc 2014.2  8.2.0 Build (65))

well I'm not sure if this is a fix or not but it worked for me been up and running all day today with no crashes and have exported to media on several decent sized projects

so after some reading I went to
                preferences>memory and changed it from performance to memory
                and then also changed my "ram reserved for other applications" to it's lowest setting (mine was 1.5gb) which opened up .5 gb of memory for premiere pro (now 6.5gb)

again been working all day when it was crashes quite frequently (after the last update)

hope this helps someone!

kevin