4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2015 1:38 PM by Deep_n

Copy lightroom 4.4 "default camera settings" from one computer to another?

Deep_n

Is it possible to copy my lightroom 4.4 "default camera settings" from one computer to another?

• 1. Re: Copy lightroom 4.4 "default camera settings" from one computer to another?
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you are using the same catalog on both computers then the default settings should be the same. If you are using separate catalogs, created on each computer, then you have a couple of options. You could make note of all the settings on the computer where the defaults are set correctly and then make those same adjustments on a newly imported image on my other computer. Then save defaults. The other option would be to export a single image from the catalog that has the default settings set correctly. Import from that catalog on the other computer. Highlight the imported image and set the defaults.

• 2. Re: Copy lightroom 4.4 "default camera settings" from one computer to another?
            Deep_n Level 1

I only use the default camera settings for noise reduction settings specific to each camera and ISO so that when a raw file is imported it has the correct noise reduction applied. To set each combination on every computer would be a lot of work. I was hoping that the default camera settings would be like other presets which are files that you could transfer from one computer to another. Are you saying that the settings are stored in the catalog. From my experience in creating new catalogs, this doesn't seem to be the case.

• 3. Re: Copy lightroom 4.4 "default camera settings" from one computer to another?
              DdeGannes Level 5

Quote "Are you saying that the settings are stored in the catalog."

I believe it is stored in the Preferences file. You can use presets to do the same thing as adjusting the "default develop settings", they are applied differently.

One is set in the Lightroom "Preferences" and one is applied by selecting a particular preset at import. I have not tried but since you can delete the preference file and Lightroom will rebuild one I am pretty sure you should be able to copy one from one computer to another.

Also you need to be aware that Lightroom applies noise reduction by default to your specific camera model and to the ISO setting. It does not display the actual settings.

• 4. Re: Copy lightroom 4.4 "default camera settings" from one computer to another?
                Deep_n Level 1

I just looked at the preferences file and it doesn't contain any of the default camera settings that I am referring to.

Also you need to be aware that Lightroom applies noise reduction by default to your specific camera model and to the ISO setting. It does not display the actual settings.

For higher ISOs,  I want to be able to easily transfer my prefer settings.

Does anyone else have an idea of where these settings might be stored?