3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2015 3:37 PM by A.T. Romano

When I transfer a slide show from elements to Premier Elements, many slides are rotated.

BERLARKER

Why do my slides rotate 90 degrees when I transfer the slide show from Elements (9) to Premier Elements (12)

• 1. Re: When I transfer a slide show from elements to Premier Elements, many slides are rotated.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

berlarker

What computer operating system is involved? For now I will assume Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

And for now, I am assuming that your "Elements" refers to Elements Organizer 9 Create/Slideshow/Slideshow Editor.

How did you transfer the Elements Organizer 9 slideshow to Premiere Elements 12 (assumed Editor and Timeline)?

There is no integration between the Elements Organizer 9 and Elements Organizer 9 or Premiere Elements 9 Editor.

What was done....

a. Converted Elements Organizer 9 catalog in Elements Organizer 12 and then used Edit in Premiere Elements Editor

command to get the slideshow into Premiere Elements Editor

or

b. Did you output the Elements Organizer 9 slideshow using Save As A File (Movie wmv) and then import the saved wmv

file into Premiere Elements 12 Editor via Premiere Elements' Add Media/Files and Folders?

When you created the slideshow

a. what was its total duration

b. what was included in the slideshow (photos, videos, music)

c. what were the pixel dimensions of the photos used in the slideshow?

In Windows Explorer what was the orientation of the photos?

The answers will be in the details.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: When I transfer a slide show from elements to Premier Elements, many slides are rotated.
            BERLARKER Level 1

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my problem. I must apologize as I was mistaken about my versions. Both are version 12.  I am using Windows8.1

64 bit.

I exported the slideshow using --Output-Edit with Premier Elements Editor---Movie File (.wmv)---Slide size NTSC (352x240)

All of the rotated slides appear to have been taken in the portrait configuration. They are 2448x3264. The other correctly oriented photos are 3264x2448.

All photos are correctly oriented in the Elements slide show but when imported to Premier Elements the portrait orientation is rotated 90 degrees.

Duration of the show is 44:18.

All photos are correctly oriented in Windows Explorer.

Thanks again

• 3. Re: When I transfer a slide show from elements to Premier Elements, many slides are rotated.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

BERLARKER

Thanks for the follow up with additional information.

Elements Organizer 12 Premiere Elements 12 Editor

Bottom line: I suspect that you have stressed out the system with too many photos oversized for the project settings. But let us explore the situation to confirm or refute that first impression.

Details:

If you have a 44 minute slideshow and photos each with 5 second duration, then my guess-estimate would be that your slideshow has about 528 photo with pixel dimension of 3264 x 2448 (4:3) or 2448 x 3264 (3:4).

• First concern, too many photos with pixel dimensions oversized for the project....you may have to resize your photos not to exceed 1000 x 750 4:3.

When you output this slideshow from the Elements Organizer 12 Slideshow Editor, you cannot use both "Edit with Premiere Elements Editor" and "Save As a File MOV (wmv):".

• For now I will assume that you are using "Edit with Premiere Elements Editor".

Unless you are setting the Premiere Elements 12 Editor project preset manually, you are ending up with the wrong project preset

• The Premiere Elements 12 Editor project preset is probably its default NTSC AVCHD Full HD1080i30 (a 16:9 project preset) instead of NTSC DV Standard (a 4:3 project preset). .

If all my assumptions are correct, then

1. In the Elements Organizer 12, create your slideshow with your 528 photos each with pixel dimensions not to exceed 1000 x 750 (could go higher if you can do so without jeopardizing the workflow...but, no matter how high the resolution, the end product will reflect the resolution of the export format, 720 x 480).

You are going to output the slideshow using Edit with Premiere Elements Editor.

2. Before you hit the Edit with Premiere Elements Editor choice in Elements Organizer 12 Output, open Premiere Elements 12 Editor Expert workspace, and set the project preset manually to NTSC DV Standard.

File Menu/New/Project and Change Settings

In Change Settings, change the project preset to NTSC DV Standard

OK out of that area.

In the new project dialog that appears, make sure that you have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Settings on this Project".

OK out of that area.

Minimize Premiere Elements Editor.

3. Open the Elements Organizer 12 again, and hit Edit with Premiere Elements Editor.

Premiere Elements 12 Editor will open...you will see a folder for slideshow assets and a video file for your slideshow in Project Assets...on the

Timeline you should see your slideshow in the video format. If you want to do further significant edits of the Timeline content which is now in

a whole video format, right click that Timeline content and select Break Apart Elements Organizer Slideshow.

Please review and consider. Perhaps do some mini test runs to define your situation further.

We will be watching for your results. If any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR