1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 3, 2015 11:40 AM by A.T. Romano

Can't Publish

frustratedpleasehelp

I've been using Premiere Elements 12 to edit videos I post on YouTube and it has worked fine until now. It claims that "Online Services encountered an error" but my internet connection is fine. I'm using windows 8.1. I have tried exporting the videos to another computer that also has Premiere Elements 12 installed but it refuses to recognize the file type. I just keep hitting dead ends. Is there any way that I could upload the videos differently? Or is there a way to fix the original problem and get the software to publish the videos?

• 1. Re: Can't Publish
          A.T. Romano Level 7

fph

Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 8.1. (If you have not already, please update 12 to 12.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Update).

1. On the 8.1 Windows computer, what was your export choice and settings...Publish+Share/Computer/ and then what?

What was the computer operating system of the other computer with Premiere Elements 12 installed....the one that refused the import because

it did not recognize the file type.

2. Referring to 8.1 Windows computer....what was the project preset (See Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and the readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio)? What are the properties of what you have on the Timeline of the project?

3. Assuming that you have 1080p30 source video, 1080p30 project, then export that Timeline to get an AVCHD.mp4 file. Use

Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30. Then upload that file from the computer hard drive

save location to YouTube at the YouTube web site. Does that work for you?

If your details are not as I have assumed, then post the correct details, and I will post instructions specific for your situation. We

will sort out the rest of the matter once we accomplish the above.

Thank you.

ATR