4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2015 8:22 AM by bloomboy

After Effect / Premiere Pro CC 2014 Video Importing Conflicts

bloomboy

Why are my Adobe software packages not cooperating? PRes imported out of AE and into PPRO, but no die? Why?

Today I have a brand new MacBook Pro, I also have Adobe CC installed, predominantly for PremierePro and After Effects.

First issue - With ProRes video files exported successfully from Davinci Resolve not being imported into AE. After a few hours of failed attempts, head scratching and searching online I found I had to delete certain files from the hard drive / Quicktime folder (DVCPROHDCodec.component / ApplDVCPROHDCodec.compnent / etc) It seems now that AE has these codecs packaged into the application (?)

Anyway this worked! And I was able to import files in without 'after effects 86. error 4. reading file from frame'. Popping up endlessly.

Second issue - I work on an AE composition & try to export as a PremierPro file from AE, this works and I open with Premire Pro, but some video files on the timeline are missing (?)

So I decide to go the long route and export the composition as a single clip at ProRes from After Effects. I attempt to bring this clip into Premiere Pro and I get another error 'The importer reported a generic error'.

This is highly frustrating, I want to know what Adobe are doing to provide the relevant support for us enthusiastic movie makers and editors. I seem to spend most of my time trying to get my software packages working

with one another than making creative content and this really is unproductive and irritating, especially since these softwares are from the same company.

Screen Shot 2015-01-03 at 19.15.18.png

Screen Shot 2015-01-03 at 19.14.37.png