11 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2015 10:53 AM by A.T. Romano

Elements Premiere Problem

Mary Lou Frost Level 1

I added several clips to a video project.  I decided to delete the last clip.  I can't seem to remove the beginning of the clip form the video.  When I preview it, it stops at the first frame of the deleted clip.

Why is this happening?  Can I fix it?

Mary Lou

• 1. Re: Elements Premiere Problem
          A.T. Romano Level 7

MaryLouFrost

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

What kind of clips are involved - stills or videos?

Could you post a screenshot (before and after) with regard to

When I preview it, it stops at the first frame of the deleted clip.

If not, we will continue with just a written exchange of troubleshooting information.

What I am not clear on is "Are you saying that the deleted clip is still there when you preview your work after

you have deleted this particular clip from the Timeline content? And, the deleted clip is no where to be seen

represented in the Timeline itself?

We will be watching for your follow up with more details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Elements Premiere Problem
            Mary Lou Frost Level 1

Since I submitted this question, I have new problems.  It turns out that the copy of Elements Premiere version 9 that I was given, was subsequently refunded to the person who gave it to me so my copy can't be registered.  I will use the 30 day trial to see if I want to continue with Premiere Elements.  If so, I will buy it.

The new problem is that, after I switched to a trial version, I can't get my original project, which was saved, to run.  Instead, I just get bits of images and the trial version words are over it.  Is it possible that I will have to rebuild the small video which I practiced on?  When I first registered the copy, it let me proceed to create the video and save it.  When I relaunched Premiere Elements it, I was told that the serial number was invalid!

As to the problem described, I edited several videos into one shorter one.  I wasn't using stills.  When I removed the last video section, I couldn't get rid of the first scene of that clip (which was deleted).

If I have to reconstruct the video, I will do so.

In the meantime, is it possible that an existing video project can't be opened in a trial version?

Thanks for your help.

Mary Lou

• 3. Re: Elements Premiere Problem
              Mary Lou Frost Level 1

I forgot to tell you that I am working on a Mac, running OS 10.6.8.

Mary Lou

• 4. Re: Elements Premiere Problem
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Mary Lou

Thanks for the follow up.

With regard to the Premiere Elements 13 tryout...all imports into it will be have the Adobe watermark as seen in the Edit area monitor.

1. You can not get rid of that Adobe watermark from exports from the Premiere Elements 13 tryout (either export to file saved to the computer

hard drive or burn to disc).

2. You can get rid of the Adobe watermark from the Premiere Elements 13 tryout project file (.prel). To do that you need the purchased Premiere Elements 13.

a. Open the saved Premiere Elements 13 tryout project file in Premiere Elements 13 purchased....then Timeline Menu/Delete Rendered Files...the Adobe watermark is gone from that project.

or

b. Open the saved Premiere Elements 13 tryout project file in Premiere Elements 13 purchased....then do nothing but proceed with the project. So of us have

found that just opening the tryout project in the purchased automatically removes the Adobe watermark.

Determine which one of the two works for you.

There is no guarantee that a project created in an earlier version can be opened in a later one. But, you could try. But, do this using a copy of the project file from the earlier version. Once the project file from the earlier is edited in the later version, you cannot go back and edit the later version edited project in the earlier version.

Please let us know if you are OK with the above information. If not, please do not hesitate to ask questions and to ask for clarification.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Elements Premiere Problem
                  Mary Lou Frost Level 1

Most of this information is what I was looking for.   From your comment, can I assume that a video created in the trial version can be shared in Quicktime format and get rid of the watermark?

Mary Lou

• 6. Re: Elements Premiere Problem
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Mary Lou Frost

Let me go over the details so that important information does not get lost on my side....

1. What you started with was the Premiere Elements 9 project file (no Adobe watermark) and not an

export from the Premiere Elements 9 project file?

2. When you opened the Premiere Elements 9 project file in Premiere Elements 13 tryout, it presented with

the Adobe watermark in the display in Edit area monitor. You now have a "new project file" - a Premiere Elements 13 tryout

project. It would be expected that, when you open that Premiere Elements 13 tryout project file in the purchased product, the

Adobe watermark will disappear automatically or need the help of Timeline Menu/Delete Rendered Files.

a. How did you open the Premiere Elements 9 project file in the tryout Premiere Elements 13....installed 13 tryout, went to the 9 project file, right clicked the 9 project file, selected Open With, followed by Adobe Premiere Elements 13?

b. Opening a project file from an earlier version in a later version program can be difficult. When we introduce other factors into that process, then the guarantee of success % in this regard is questionable.

3. All things being ideal, if you create the Timeline in the tryout project file and save that project file to the hard drive, you should be able to open it in the purchased program, get rid of the Adobe watermark, and then export Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTime with the appropriate preset. As I said before, if you export from the tryout with the Adobe watermark, you cannot remove the Adobe watermark from that export. The perk extends only to removal of the Adobe watermark from the tryout project file in the purchased product.

If you purchase direct from Adobe, then you are eligible for return/refund within 30 days of purchase. If you purchase from an authorized reseller, then you need to deal with the seller and its return/refund policy.

Hope the additional clarification helps. If not, please do not hesitate to ask for further clarification.

ATR

• 7. Re: Elements Premiere Problem
                      Mary Lou Frost Level 1

There is one item not correct in my communication to you.  I don't yet have the download trial of Premiere 13 installed.  (It has to run on my laptop which isn't available right now.)  Instead, I tried to open the project file which was saved in Premiere v9 before the software discovered that my serial number wasn't valid.  When I reopened the project file which was saved in that Premiere v9 software....in the trial of version 9, it lost most of the video images and also had the watermark on top.

What happened was that I inadvertently closed the version 9 which was installed and running.  I went to open the video file and discovered that I had to run the trial version.  That was when the mess began.

I have ordered Premiere v13 and it will arrive next Wednesday.  In the meantime, I plan to build some video projects in the trial version of Premiere 13 (I am done working with version 9) and hope to open them in the purchased copy when it arrives.

I will follow your directions.

The last question:    if I create those video projects in the trial version of v13, and share them in Quicktime format, will they still have the watermark before Wednesday when I receive the new copy?

Confusing?

Sorry for that.

Mary Lou

• 8. Re: Elements Premiere Problem
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Mary Lou

Glad for the communications to clarify on both sides. We are eager for you to succeed.

If you create your video project in the trial version of version 13, the Adobe watermark will exist in that project file that you

save to the computer hard drive as well as in the QuickTime export from that project file.

The essential point is that you can get rid of the Adobe watermark in the tryout project file when you get the purchased product.

And, once the Adobe watermark is removed from that project, it is gone, allowing you to export thereafter from that project without the

Adobe watermark.

By contrast, classically you can at no time remove the Adobe watermark from the QuickTime export from the tryout project file's Timeline. I have

not tried this with 13 but I have no reason to believe things have changed in this regard after so many versions.

We are looking forward to the outcome and your success in your video editing projects.

Best wishes

ATR

• 9. Re: Elements Premiere Problem
                          Mary Lou Frost Level 1

Thanks so much for your help.  I will get the trial of version 13 installed this weekend so I can get started.

I was surprised by the watermark because nothing like that happens in trials of Photoshop Elements.  I teach classes of Elements and sometimes people begin by using the trial.  It doesn't have a watermark so they can work equally with others who have purchased the software.  I think the trial encourages them to go out and purchase it after the class.  I'm not sure that the watermarked projects will be as encouraging.

More later,

Mary Lou

• 10. Re: Elements Premiere Problem
                            Mary Lou Frost Level 1

I have received my purchased copy of Premiere Elements 13 and am now trying to continue with my project.  Where files I created in the trial end in prel they open without the watermark.   However, a project that I created in an earlier trial will not open in 13.

Any ideas why not?

Thanks.

Mary Lou

• 11. Re: Elements Premiere Problem
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Mary Lou

There are no guarantees that a project created in an earlier version will open in a later one. Recommendation is to create and finish project in same version.

If you do try this, please do so from a copy of the earlier version project as a safety net.

Where are the source media that went into the earlier version project? Are they still at a hard drive save

location where they were when they were first imported into the earlier version project? Did you move,

delete, or rename files and folders of that earlier version project after it was saved closed?

More later.

ATR